Health Care Sector May Have Peaked, S&P Report Says
- A Mixed Picture. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the contrasting assessment of two credit rating agencies on the effect of the improvements in state revenue collections on state credit-worthiness in the U.S. in 2004. Moody's Investors Service; Standard & Poor's.
- DuPage County, Ill., Water, Sewer Debt Lifted to AA+. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p2
The article reports on the upgrade made by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the Series 2003A and 2003B waterworks and sewerage net revenue bonds of DuPage County, Illinois. The AA-plus from AA rating was due to the maintenance of strong debt service coverage. The rating agency also assigned a stable...
- Who's Who in Credit Rating Agencies. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Presents information pertaining to credit rating agencies in the U.S. Rating of the financial strength of insurance companies; Methodologies formulated by Standard & Poor's to address dynamic changes in the industry and to adapt local market conditions throughout the world.
- S&P Drops Ohio's Forum Health to BBB-Minus. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32299, p5
The article reports on the BBB-minus rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to 121 million dollars of outstanding debt issued in Mahoning County, Ohio. The reason for the downgrade is due to losses over the past few years which have lowered the system's debt service coverage levels. The...
- S&P Reinstates Rating for Richmond, Calif. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S & P) has reinstated its credit ratings on outstanding Richmond, California debt, raising it to investment grade and assigning the city a triple-B plus rating due to incomplete financial information. There were three outstanding bond issues that S & P...
- University of Puerto Rico Ratings Lowered To BB/. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F327, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its long-term rating and underlying rating (SPUR) on the University of Puerto Rico's (UPR) existing university system revenue bonds to 'BB' from 'BB+' and also assigned a negative outlook.
- High Pressure On Finances. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p12
The article deals with the decision of Standard & Poor's (S&P) to downgrade the sovereign credit rating of Lithuania. The ratings agency downgraded the country's long and short term sovereign credit rating to BBB/A3 from BBB+/A2. Although the country is committed to pay credentials, analysts are...
- Ratings Movers: Waste Services Cleans Up Operations, Culligan Down On Recap. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;4/9/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p9
The article discusses the business conditions of U.S. companies including Waste Services Inc. and Culligan International Co. Waste Service's senior secured debt looked clean as rating agency Standard's & Poor's Corp. upgraded its credit rating. Meanwhile, bottle distributor Culligan's rating was...
- S&P Initiates Dialogue On Cov-Lite Loans. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;7/2/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. towards building its existing asset-specific corporate recovery rating (RR)-based approach in the U.S. The RR approach is created to ensure that computerized loan origination (CLO) ratings reflect covenant-lite loans. According to the...