Group Lobbies Lawmakers for Private-Activity Provision
- U.S. Needs Hybrid Infrastructure Financing Approach. Hamel, Chris // Bond Buyer;5/8/2015, p14
The author shares his views on why the U.S. needs a hybrid financing model to support its infrastructure projects. Topics cited include a proposal by the federal government to launch a class of tax-exempt debt, the government's use of municipal bonds and public-private partnership (P3) as...
- Commentary: Budget Proposes New Tax-Exempt Bond to Boost P3s. Cullers, Mike; Devlin, Roderick; Walsh, Carolyn // Bond Buyer;2/09/2015, p1
Qualified Public Infrastructure Bond plan marks a further step in the Obama administration's Build America Investment Initiative.
- NABL Urges Tax Rule Changes to Accommodate P3s. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/7/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34421, p1
The National Association of Bond Lawyers is urging tax regulators to liberalize existing safe harbors for longer term management and service contracts and to consider rule changes to facilitate the use of tax-exempt bonds in public-private partnerships financing infrastructure projects.
- Business Environment. // U.S. Infrastructure Report;Q2 2012, Issue 2, p75
The article discusses the role of public-private partnerships (PPP) which aid in the development of infrastructure in the U.S. Several states have endorsed PPPs including Virginia, Florida, and Texas with several projects including the Capital Beltway Lanes in Virginia, Port of Miami Tunnel in...
- A TALE OF TWO POLICIES. Morrison, Adrian // Estates Gazette;12/15/2007, Issue 750, p88
The article focuses on the efforts of the Scottish National Party to push for a public bond to fund healthcare schemes in Scotland, and its impact on the market. As of December 2007, 46 healthcare projects have been delivered in Scotland using public-private partnerships. Scottish government...
- ABA Panel Will Suggest Tax Rule Changes to Facilitate P3s. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;5/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34303, p1
The tax-exempt financing committee of the American Bar Association's taxation section is working on a paper that will identify for tax regulators modifications to tax rules that could facilitate public-private partnerships.
- California Report Takes Aim at Mello-Roos Bonds. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;7/23/2015, p1
In a report with statewide resonance, an Orange County, Calif. civil grand jury report criticized the oversight of $2.7 billion of debt issued by community facilities districts in the county.
- Public-private partnerships in limbo. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;04/20/2001, p19
Reports on the delay in the completion of public-private partnership infrastructure projects in South Africa. Reason for the delay; Estimated worth of the services backlog; Steps taken by the government to speed up the completion of the projects. INSET: Nelspruit test case..
- Making the fix. SOULE, ALEXANDER // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p1
The article reports that lieutenants of Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy are on the process of deciding whether to authorize public-private partnerships for repairs of infrastructure projects in 2011.