THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Ethanol tax credit on fast track. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p4
Takes a look at a legislation fast tracking in the US Senate, which calls for the renewal of the nation's highway programs, including the extension of the ethanol tax incentive. Terms of the ethanol provision; Rationale for the legislation; Arguments raised by the bill's proponents.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p32
Reports on the status of legislative bills in the U.S. as of May 24, 2004. Legislation replacing the Transportation Equity Act; Renewable energy production tax credits for public power utilities; Regulations clarifying the basis of the volume of gas prepayment contracts by utilities.
- Slimmed-down energy bill offered. Pekow, Charles // LP/Gas;May2004, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the revision of the Energy Policy Act presented by U.S. legislator Pete Dominici. Provision of tax credits for the propane industry; Debate over the cost of implementing the legislative bill; Reduction of the reauthorization of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st century.
- Highway Spending Pothole. Beadle, Andrew D. // Traffic World;9/20/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 38, p13
The article focuses on the need of highway trust fund that is supposed to pay for all that road construction and maintenance needs a complete overhaul. According to the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, the trust fund can now support about $253 billion in...
- Illinois Adopts Production Tax Credit. Kiefer, Peter // Back Stage;6/6/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p49
A significant victory in the ongoing battle against runaway film, television and commercial production was scored over the weekend when the Illinois Legislature passed a measure establishing a wage-based tax credit designed to encourage more production in the state. The bill SB785, which passed...
- Will employers get a telecommuting tax credit? Garver, Rob // Business News New Jersey;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p14
Reports on a proposed bill in New Jersey that would offer tax credits to employers for each worker who telecommutes. Republican Assemblyman Michael Patrick Carroll's sponsorship of the bill; Benefits of telecommuting; Assembly Commerce, Tourism, Gambling and Military and Veterans' Affairs...
- House leaves Property Rights Bill intact, says no... // Human Events;04/03/98, Vol. 54 Issue 13, p23
States that on March 11 and 12, 1998, the United States Senate voted to keep the federal subsidy for ethanol and passed the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA). Rejection of Senator John McCain's attempt to end the special tax break for the ethanol industry; Provisions of...
- Ethanol tax program placed on back burner. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;03/30/98, Vol. 253 Issue 13, p20
Reports that legislation to extend the ethanol tax incentive and reauthorize the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act may not be decided until the US Congress address a highway legislation pending in the House. Date scheduled for reconciling differences in the bills; Current tax incentive...
- Transportation financing act draws flak. // Refrigerated Transporter;Feb2002, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the opposition of four members of the U.S. House of Representatives to the approval of the 2002 transportation bill. Argument against the approval; Suggestion made by the congressmen.