N.Y.'s Nassau Seeks Power Over Agency
- Nassau Health Care Corp.'s $37 million surprise. Snyder, Alison // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/12/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 48, p23A
The article offers news briefs related to health care in New York. Nassau Health Care Corp. was the recipient of debt relief and facilities upgrade grant from the States's Healthcare Efficiency and Affordability Law for New Yorkers (HEAL-NY). At the Stony Brook University, world leaders in...
- Moody's, S&P Upgrade Tennessee Agency Ahead of $51M Ban Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p5
Reports on the upgraded financial structure of Tennessee Local Development Authority. Plan to sell bonds; Financial rating of the department; Proceeds of the Ban sale to finance public work projects of local government.
- For some, Berger Commission's a hit. Snyder, Alison // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/25/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 36, p7A
The article reports that Berger Commission has recommended Nassau Health Care Corp. (NHCC) to cut 300 bed at its A. Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility and 100 beds at Nassau University Medical Center in New York. Chief executive Arthur Gianelli states that the recommendation enables them to...
- New Jersey Assembly OKs Measure to Restructure $1.8 Billion of TTF Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p3
The article reports on the approval of a multimillion-dollar budget to restructure and refund the Transportation Trust Fund Authority by the New Jersey Assembly. The trust fund restructuring bill was introduced by Assemblyman John Wisniewski, who heads the transportation and public works...
- An introduction to this issue's special topic: political and administrative reform in Japan. Reed, SR // Social Science Japan Journal;Oct99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p155
Introduces articles concerning the political and administrative reform in Japan, featured in the 1999 issue of the 'Social Science Japan Journal.' Issues surrounding administrative reform; Adoption of electoral system in 1994; Analysis of public finance; Accounts on administrative reform.
- Kansas City, Mo., to Launch Major Finance Department Reorganization. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32316, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Kansas City, Missouri, Finance Department to launch a major reorganization within its organization. The process would include the hiring of new managers to manage the new departments that would be created. The reorganization is expected to help improve tax...
- Turan digs in at med center. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/31/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p5A
Reports on the clarification of the resignation issue of Nassau Healthcare Corp. chief executive officer Richard Turan in Long Island, New York. Implementation of the transition planning; Response of Turan during a telephone interview; Retrenchment of employees.
- Nassau Health Care invests $15M in computer systems. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/31/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p44A
Reports on the investment of Nassau Health Care Corp. for the installation of computer systems in Nassau County, New York. Amount of the investment; Improvement in the storage of medical records; Enhancement in the healthcare service of the company.
- Gottlieb wins post on hospital board. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/13/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 39, p1A
Reports on the approval of the addition of attorney Lawrence Gottlieb to the board of the Nassau Health Care Corp. by the Nassau County Legislature in Nassau County, New York. Nomination of Gottlieb to th board by executive Tom Suozzi; Replacement of doctor Marilyn A. Robertson by Gottlieb;...