Newark Arena Opponents Vow to Continue Fight Against $200M Bond Plan
- Kansas City and Springfield, Mo., To Vote on $685 Million of Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p1
Reports on the hold of a referendum regarding the sale of the bonds for a new downtown arena and a coal-fired power plant in Missouri. Move of the city government to seek approval from the voters for a bond issue that would represent the public's contribution for a new arena; Proposal of the...
- Lawyers wonder if IRS appeals process will dilute rights granted by Congress. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/25/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30486, p4
Reports that bond lawyers have questioned the value of the right to appeal that the United States Congress has granted to bond issuers. Concerns about technical advice memorandums from the Internal Revenue Service; Guidelines on appeals issued by the agency.
- Newark, N.J., Agency Looking to Price Hockey Deal Within a Month. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p48
Reports on the plan to put a price on the cost of the construction of the arena for New Jersey Devils hockey team in Newark, New Jersey. Schedule of the meeting of the authority with the state's local finance board to review the application for the bond sale; Support of the Port Authority of...
- Arena funding at critical stage. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;06/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p1
Reports the need for additional funding for the construction of hockey arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Evaluation of the financial viability of the project; Issuance of tax-free bonds; Provision of insurance for the investment of the bondholders.
- Public Stadium Funding Opponents In St. Louis Plan to Continue Fight. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p36
The article reports on the plans of the Coalition Against Public Funding for Stadiums to appeal an appellate court decision in a charter change asking for a public vote on taxpayer subsidies for professional sports stadiums in Saint Louis County, Missouri, after learning it did not apply to the...
- Arena Power Play. // Business News New Jersey;11/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p2
Reports the partnerships between businessmen and politicians to finance the construction of sports arena in Newark, New Jersey.
- ALABAMA: Auburn Eyes New Arena. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32500, p35
The article reports on the plan of Auburn University in Alabama to build a new basketball arena that will be financed with bonds and donations. The cost of the arena has been estimated to reach $92 million and $95.5 million. The issue has been considered by the Auburn Trustees' Property and...
- Detroit's Arena Vote Delayed. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;8/28/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33970, p1
The article informs that the progress on a bond-financed new hockey arena in Detroit, Michigan hit an obstacle as a state development board has delayed a vote on the deal. It informs that the Michigan Strategic Fund was set to vote on final authorization of the 450 million U.S. dollars...
- The Nets falling, but Barclays Center is on the rise. Henry, Marcus // New York Amsterdam News;12/17/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 51, p41
The article reports that the basketball team New Jersey Nets owned by Bruce Ratner continues to struggle but his arena project, the Barclays Center, got extra funding in New Jersey. The Nets are facing the possibility of losing 70 games for the season. Tax-free bonds amounting to 511 million...