Barbour vs. the House
- Mississippi Governor to Call Session for Small Business Loan Program. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32222, p28
Reports on the plan of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to call the state Legislature into special session to begin working on rebuilding issues after Hurricane Katrina hit the state. Proposal of Barbour of a small business emergency bridge loan program to provide temporary working capital for...
- Mississippi Human Services Deadline Looms. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31916, p3
Reports that Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has called lawmakers back to the capitol in Jackson for a second attempt at reauthorizing the state's Department of Human Services. Outcomes of the Legislature's first special session; Barbour's refusal to consider the House bill; Medicaid reform plan.
- Gov. Barbour refrains from criticizing Romney on bid. Miller, Sean J. // Hill;4/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p24
The article reports on the forbearing of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to criticize Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for his state's health care system in a meeting in Capitol Hill.
- Grand Old Party. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p31
Reports on the preparations made for the inauguration of Haley Barbour, second Republican governor in Mississippi. Budget for the campaign period; Salary of Barbour at the beginning of his four-year term; Oath of the officials.
- Mississippi Governor to Headline State GOP Gala. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);8/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour will headline the West Virginia Lincoln-Reagan Gala on September 17, 2011 at the Charleston Civic Center.
- Mississippi Gov. Unveils $4.7B Budget Recommendation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32261, p7
Reports on the disclosure of a budget recommendation for fiscal year 2007 by Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour. Complaint of Barbour that his recommendation was difficult to craft because the state has not received some funding promised by the federal government in the wake of Hurricane...
- Oops, He Forgot. McGarvey, Ayelish // American Prospect;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p8
Features Haley Barbour, elected governor in Mississippi. Extent of his experience as an advocate in the lobbying arena; Nature of his relationship with the Republican Party; Criticism on his strategies or tactics during the campaign period.
- Barbour Wins Easily as Mississippi Holds Primaries. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/9/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32688, p6
The article reports on the victory of incumbent Governor Haley Barbour in the Republican nomination in the primary in the Mississippi, according to preliminary results. Barbour has 166,101 votes to 12,548 for opponent Frederick Jones. The Democratic nomination for governor was won by John Arthur...
- 'It's time to close the window.'. Palermo, Dave // International Gaming & Wagering;Jun2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14
This article reports on the decision of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to oppose the expansion of gambling in the state. It discusses the statement he issued during the Southern Gaming Summit 2007, as well as the implications of the decision for the plan of the Choctaw Indians to establish a...