- Georgia offers relief for storm, tornado victims. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/15/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p3
The article reports that businesses and individuals in seven Georgia counties affected by severe storms and tornadoes starting on March 14, 2008 are eligible for tax extensions and assistance from the Department of Revenue. As set by the Internal Revenue Service, affected parties have until May...
- Georgia CPAs Meet with Georgia Dept. of Revenue. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;8/25/2015, p1
The Georgia Society of CPAs recently met with officials from the Georgia Department of Revenue at the GSCPA's Learning Center to discuss several issues affecting tax practitioners and their clients.
- Revenues Up. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p29
Reports on the increase of total general fund revenue collections for the state of Virginia.
- Playing Chicken With Tax Hikes and Education. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p42
Focuses on the effects of tax increase in Missouri. Increment of tax collection; Growth in tax credits and federal tax changes; Decline of general fund revenue.
- Procedures for collection of delinquent taxes. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p6
The article presents information on the procedures employed by the Donley County Appraisal District in collecting delinquent taxes. The appraisal district mail delinquent notices to all owners of delinquent tax accounts in May. On July 1 of each year, all delinquent tax accounts are turned over...
- Tax Administration: Millions of Dollars Could Be Collected If IRS Levied More Federal Payments: GAO-01-711. // GAO Reports;7/20/2001, p1
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) seeks to apply the law fairly to all taxpayers. Under the continuous levy program, however, taxpayers who receive federal payments are treated differently depending on whether the payments are made by the Federal Management Service (FMS) on behalf of other...
- Another year over. Maas, Robert // Accountancy;Mar2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1279, p92
Another filing season has been and gone, and still, after three years, many people seem unprepared for it. A firm tried very hard to persuade clients to let have all their tax return information early this year. Although this met with a measure of success, they still had some clients sending in...
- GEORGIA: May Revenue Jumps 27.9%. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p9
The article reports that the Georgia Department of Revenue announced that net revenue collection for May 2007 totaled $2.1 billion, up from $1.7 billion in May 2006. State officials said that the low collections reported for April reflect checks that came in during the latter part of the month...
- September Spike. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32485, p35
The article reports on the revenue increase in Georgia, which totaled around $1.6 billion, a 6.5% increase from September 2005. The Department of Revenue reported that increase in September 2006 totaled $450 million, compared to $443 million in September 2005. Individual income taxes were up by...