Oil States Smile
- Energy prices. // Monthly Energy Review;Feb99, p109
Reports on trends in energy prices in the United States as of February 1999. Includes crude oil; Motor gasoline; Residual fuel oil.
- The pricing game: How long will the `decent' streak last? Abcede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Apr94, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p31
Provides information on the pricing game of oil companies in the United States. Profit as the motive; Reasons for pricing game; Facts from the 1993 State of the Industry Report by the National Association of Convenience Stores; Determination of margins; Handline of pricing by companies as a...
- Oil production in perspective. // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/30/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the petroleum industry in the United States. Moderation of oil and gas prices; Implication of market valuations for the production growth of oil companies; Effect of investment strategies of major energy companies on profitability.
- We have plenty of gas--it is not a crisis. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;04/03/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the increasing prices of petroleum products in the United States. Correlation of imported gasoline with gasoline shortages; Influence of fuel taxes imposed by the government on high prices; Need to minimize truck sales; Effects of gas sales on the economy and motor vehicle industry.
- North Dakota and Montana producers avoid overreaction to world oil plight. // Fedgazette;Apr98, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p7
Discloses that oil producers in North Dakota and Montana are adopting a wait-and-see attitude in response to fluctuations in world oil prices. Reduction in drilling activity; Pledge by members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to cut production; Rig count in Montana as of...
- Petroleum price drop hurt 1998 growth. // LP/Gas;Feb99, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the drop in petroleum prices in 1998 on the performance of the petroleum industry in the United States. Crude oil prices in 1998; Impact on oil-related exploration and production activity in the United States; Estimated petroleum balance in the United States.
- Section 9. Energy Prices. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul2002, p117
Presents updates on energy prices in the U.S., as of April 2002. Crude oil; Motor gasoline; Aviation fuel; Natural gas.
- Petroleum deliveries up despite warmth. // LP/Gas;Jan99, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p10
Reports on strong growth for gasoline deliveries and residual fuel oil in the United States. Percentage increase in petroleum deliveries; Decline in domestic crude oil prices; Recovery of refinery activity; Increase in distillate inventories; Decline in 1998 third quarter deliveries of...
- Gas Prices: Who Gains From 'Gouging'? Hogarty, Thomas F. // Human Events;05/28/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 20, p12
Discusses how accusations of gas price gouging have arisen in the United States along with calls for price controls. Overview of the gasoline market; Discussion on how consumers benefit from unstable, variable prices; Background of gasoline price hike.