Controversial Provision Leads to Delay on Corporate Tax Bill
- House Panel Passes Bill On State and Local Sales Tax Deduction. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;2/13/2015, p34
The article reports on a bill, H.R. 622, that was approved by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee to make the state and local sales tax deduction permanent. Cited are other bills approved by the committee including one that made technical changes to 529 college savings plans and another that...
- New Tax Changes Could Cost Your Business. STEIN, RUSSELL J. // Business NH Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p31
The article focuses on the impact of proposed changes to federal tax law and the Massachusetts tax change on businesses in New Hampshire. Topics include the proposed Tax Reform Act of 2014 by David Camp, the chairman of the U.S. House Committee on Ways and Means, which includes a provision...
- THE MEAN SEASON AT WAYS AND MEANS. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;10/20/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3260
Profiles Representative Bill Thomas, R-Calif., who took over as United States House Ways and Means Committee chairman in January 2001. Information on the bills introduced by Thomas in October; Criticism against Thomas; Knowledge of Thomas on tax issues.
- House GOP blasts Obama with welfare-reform memo. Viebeck, Elise // Hill;7/18/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 91, p10
The article informs that the U.S. House Committee on Ways and Means has blamed U.S. President Barack Obama for dismantling the work requirement of the 1996 welfare reform law.
- ASSOCIATION ENDORSES BILL AIMED AT POST-ACUTE CARE REFORM. // Physician Leadership Journal;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p95
The article announces that the American Association for Physician Leadership endorses a bill called IMPACT Act, which was drafted by the House Ways and Means and Senate Finance Committees of U.S. Congress after soliciting input from Medicare PAC stakeholders.
- House panel approves CLASS Act repeal bill. Baker, Sam // Hill;1/19/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the move of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee to vote to oppose the healthcare law's Community Living Assistance Services and Supports (CLASS) program.
- The Democrats grow up. // America;1/15/1949, Vol. 80 Issue 15, p389
The article discusses the move by the Democrat members of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee to ensure that progressive members will become the majority in various committees with an aim to facilitate the implementation of President Harry Truman's programs.
- House Committee clears welfare-reform measure for floor action. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;3/15/95, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p17
Reports on the US House Ways and Means Committee's passing of a welfare-reform bill that would transfer to the states control over programs serving poor, disabled, abused and neglected children. Tension between Democratic and Republican committee members; Altering of language in bill; Radical...
- The Loneliest Man in Washington. Shalett, Sidney // Saturday Evening Post;1/8/1955, Vol. 227 Issue 28, p25
The article profiles Jere Cooper, a member of the U.S. Congress House of Representatives from Tennessee. He has achieve a long ambition to become chairman of the Ways and Means Committee of the House with the advent of the new Democratic Congress. He has a reputation for personal reliability...