Federal Judge Refuses to Halt Arkansas School Mergers
- More Lake View Woes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32207, p27
Reports that supporters of the defunct Lake View School District in Arkansas have requested U.S. District Court Judge George Howard Jr. to sign an injunction keeping its campus open while they fight a court battle against forced consolidation. Objectives of the consolidation of school districts;...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p39
Reports on news and developments concerning the bond market. U.S. District Judge George Howard Jr.'s rejection of a request for a temporary restraining order stopping the consolidation of Arkansas school districts; Colorado legislators' consideration of a bipartisan plan to revamp contradictory...
- Lake View Case Closed. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32231, p37
Reports on the decision of U.S. District Judge George Howard to terminate a lawsuit filed by proponents of the defunct Lake View School District. Facts of the case; Details of the judgment.
- For now, cheerleaders at Texas school may display religious signs. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;9/24/2012, p9
The article reports that Texas has released a temporary restraining order stops the Kountze school district from prohibiting the display of religious signs.
- Judge issues order to halt lesson plans. REAVES, LANCE // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/14/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 33, p11A
The article reports that a group of Llano County citizens in Llano County, Texas has secured a Temporary Restraining Order which prohibits the Llano Independent School District from using CSCOPE lessons plans which is issued by the State District Judge Dan Mills on August 9, 2013.
- The sponsor of a private-school voucher plan in California have obtained a temporary restraining order prohibiting the Los Angeles Unified School District from using public resources to fight the statewide initiative. // Education Week;4/29/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the temporary restraining order obtained by the Excellence Through Choice in Education League prohibiting the Los Angeles Unified School District from using public resources in California. The reason for filing the lawsuit was mentioned. Other similar restraining orders...
- A Texas judge last week rejected a request to make permanent a temporary restraining order forbidding the Lubbock school district from enforcing its dress code. // Education Week;11/21/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the decision of Texas judge to reject a request to make permanent a temporary restraining order that forbids the Lubbock County school district from enforcing its dress code. Parents of students have reacted on the issue. The plaintiff's lawyer states that the state...
- Alien Enemies on the Bench. Edwards Jr., James R. // Human Events;1/17/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p9
Reports that a federal judge in Arizona has lifted his restraining order on a popular ballot initiative in 2005. Content of the Arizona initiative; Rights possessed by foreigners who came legally in the U.S.; Information on aliens claiming asylum in the U.S.
- Decisions Expected in Illinois, Missouri Cases to Block Base Closures. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p4
Reports on the expectation for a federal judge to rule on Illinois' request for a temporary restraining order blocking the Base Realignment and Closure Commission from including in its final report to President George W. Bush the recommendation that a state-based Air National Guard fighter wing...