Senate Panel to Examine Regulation Of Muni, Corporate Bond Markets
- Regulators Called to Testify This Week. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;7/20/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 110, p16
The witnesses who will testify at a U.S. Senate Banking Committee's July 2010 subcommittee hearing for modernizing financial regulation at the international level are Kathleen Casey, Daniel Tarullo and Lael Brainard.
- INTERSTATE TAXATION OF FINANCIAL DEPOSITORIES. // Banking;Jan78, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p10
Highlights the testimony of the members of the American Bankers Association before the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee for the bill on interstate taxation of financial depositories.
- Senate Committee Addresses Future of GSEs. // ABI Journal;May2013, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p12
The article offers information on the hearing of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee on April 18, 2013 which discusses the oversight of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) on government sponsored enterprises (GSEs) with Acting Director Edward DeMarco.
- Mortgage Overhaul Witness Slate Set. Heller, Michele // American Banker;4/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 63, p5
Reports that the U.S. Senate Banking Committee has named witnesses for its scheduled April 8, 2003 hearing on the Department of Housing and Urban Development's pending proposal to overhaul mortgage regulations. Witnesses selected by the committee.
- Hearing Planned for FCRA Extension. Heller, Michele // American Banker;4/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 63, p5
Reports on the plans of U.S. Senate Banking Committee Chairman Richard Shelby to hold hearings on the provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Provision proposed by the Treasury Department related to annual privacy notices sent by banks to customers; Opinion expressed by Shelby on personal...
- Hearing on 5 Nominees Set. Wack, Kevin // American Banker;3/15/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 41, p16
The article offers information on the U.S. Senate Banking Committee's March 20, 2012 hearing on several financial regulatory agency nominees, including attorney Jerome Powell, economics professor Jeremy Stein, and deputy special inspector general Christy Romero.
- Panel Unsure on JPM Hearing. Wack, Kevin // American Banker;5/15/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 75, p12
The article notes the U.S. Senate Banking Committee is undecided whether or not to have JPMorgan Chase executives testify at a hearing on the company's trading loss.
- Senators to Weigh Basel's Impact on Community Banks. Borak, Donna // American Banker;11/8/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 173, p5
The article announces the U.S. Senate Banking Committee will hold an oversight hearing on November 14, 2012 to discuss a plan to adopt the Basel III international accord on banking regulation and reform which was proposed by three government regulatory agencies and is opposed by community banks.
- Senate Banking Committee Holds TRIA Hearing. // GPP eNews;2/28/2014, p3
The article reports on the second hearing held by the U.S. Senate Banking Committee on the reauthorization of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA) on February 25, 2014.