N.Y. Budget Lag May Stall MAC Deal
- Voters will decide fate of popular environmental bond act. Turner, Brad // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p5
Reports on New York State Governor George Pataki's proposed environmental bond, the Clean Air/Clean Water Bond Act of 1996. Wide support for the bond from Republicans, Democrats, labor unions, environmental groups and the business community; Dependence of the passage of the bill on the November...
- Pataki revises budget reform plan to curb debt practices. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p3
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's revision of a budget reform plan. Curbing of debt practices of the state; Use of the payments from the tobacco settlement.
- Nassau Gets a Safety Net. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's plan to restructure Nassau County, New York's 220 million dollars debt. Reissuance of the bonds through a temporary oversight board; Details of the payment plan.
- N.Y.C. Refuses Pataki's Offer to Work to Change MAC Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p4
Reports that the New York City in New York State has refused the offer made by New York State governor George E. Pataki to work to change the controversial state legislation plan to refinance New York City's 2.5 billion outstanding debt of the financial board, Municipal Assistance Corp., as of...
- County mulls gas-tax cap. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/10/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 28, p1
The article reports that Westchester County, New York has time till August 1, 2006 to decide on the issue of putting tax caps on gasoline. As of now there are no tax caps whatsoever on gasoline sold at the pump. After the sudden rise in oil price, Governor George Pataki passed a law changing the...
- Gov. Pataki to Veto NYC Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31637, p1
The article reports on the plans of New York Governor George E. Pataki to veto a bill that the state Legislature passed to assist New York City's finances that would authorize city income and sales tax hikes. According to Pataki there is a better way to help New York City than increasing taxes...
- New York Budget Battle Rages On, Endangering State in Bond Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p1
New York governor George E. Pataki lost the budget battle with the state Legislature in May 2003, but the war in Albany, New York continues, threatening to do further damage to the state's image in the bond market, which has already suffered. In new Department of Budget documents, Pataki said he...
- N.Y.'s MAC Fight Goes On Pataki, Bloomberg Still Differ on Refunding. Braun, MArtin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p1
Reports on the fiscal 2005 budget proposal of Governor George E. Pataki in New York. Recommendation of refinancing the Municipal Assistance Corp.; Prediction of a debt service payment; Clarification of the budget sources for the city.
- N.Y.C. Plans MAC Deal In Early June. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31891, p1
Reports on the plan of New York City government to sell the first half of its $2.5 billion MAC refinancing through the Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp. in June and July of 2004. Review of Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed financial plan through hearings; Legal challenge filed by New York...