Loop Takes The Leap
- Chapter 6: FINANCE. // Economist Economics;2006, p133
Chapter 6 of the book "Economics" is presented. It explores on the functions that banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges and derivative securities perform and dispels some of the unclear issues that surround the financial system. It highlights the two types of financial institutions which...
- Divining the Rules of Derivatives. Altman, Lloyd; Turbe, Nancy // Securities Industry News;1/25/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses rules to govern the over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives market. It states that lack of transparency in pricing, inadequate risk management, and the central role the multi-trillion market played in the 2008 financial crisis and prompted regulators and market participants to...
- Clearing and settlement demystified. McPartland, John // Chicago Fed Letter;Jan2005, Issue 210, preceding p1
This article explains how clearing and settlement systems support a sound financial system. In particular, the article analyzes the role of CCPs (central counterparties) in managing risk in the securities and derivatives markets and some of the relevant public policy issues.
- REWRITING FRANKENSTEIN CONTRACTS: WORKOUT PROHIBITIONS IN RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE-BACKED SECURITIES. Gelpern, Anna; Levitin, Adam J. // Southern California Law Review;Sep2009, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p1075
Modification-proof contracts boost commitment and can help overcome information problems. But when such rigid contracts are ubiquitous, they can function as social suicide pacts, compelling enforcement despite significant externalities. At the heart of the current financial crisis is a contract...
- New DPCs to bring liquidity to market. A. P. // Asset Securitization Report;6/26/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the surge in the number of derivative product companies that would provide a new wave of liquidity to the credit derivatives market. According to the participants of the Information Management Network summit in Barcelona, the growth in derivative credit companies would...
- Regulators investigate funds' threat to global stability. Rice, Nick; Eschenbacher, Stefanie // Fund Strategy;4/25/2011, p10
The article reports on the possible dangers posed by exchange traded funds (ETF) to global financial stability. The Financial Stability Board (FSB) has investigated on the threat that ETFs may cause in the burgeoning market in lending securities and trading derivatives over the counter (OTC)....
- BM&FBOVESPA Market Data Now Available Via BT Radianz Cloud. Gohlke, Christopher // Global Custodian News;2013, p24
Market data from BM&FBOVESPA, the largest exchange group in Latin America, now will be available to financial institutions on the BT Radianz Cloud.
- Senators' plan would put derivatives under the Federal Reserve. Brush, Silla // Hill;3/12/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p8
The article focuses on negotiations between Senators Jack Reed and Judd Gregg on how to impose new restrictions on the multitrillion dollar market for derivatives.
- Investment chain changes. Gottliebsen, Robert // BRW;7/24/95, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p8
Highlights the important role of distribution system in the selling of similar types of investment products. Cases of BT, Macquarie Bank and Rothschild, the originators cum sellers; Changes in the role of these originators, their advisors and consequently the investors; Impact of changes on...