- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/8/2006, Issue 5517, p32
The article reports on a survey regarding the sales performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain for the month of October 2006. It has been reported that retailers say that their sales were broadly in line with those seen in September. In addition, 24 percent of stores say that the value...
- A return to sales growth? // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p8
Analyzes whether the return to sales growth of furniture and furnishings retailers in Great Britain will last for the rest of 2004. Sales rise in the household textiles market; Recovery in the carpet and floorcoverings sector; Rise in the value of sales.
- Higher sales surprise for last year. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p3
Reports on an increase in furniture sales in Great Britain in 2003. Figures released by the National Statistics; Comparison with 2002 figures; Decline in sales in the carpet and floor coverings sector.
- Sales slowdown continues. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2004, Issue 5412, p6
Reports on the slowdown of retail sales growth in Great Britain in September 2004. Seasonally adjusted sales volume; Quarterly growth of the household goods stores, including furniture and electrical stores.
- BermanFalk buys fellow Canadian producer HOM. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;6/27/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p73
The article reports that Louisiana store owner Mike Beach was named Retailer of the Year by the Southeastern Home Furnishings Association at its conference in Florida. Beach, of Mike Beach Furniture Showrooms in La Place, Louisiana, also is the retail group's president for 2005-2006. Alabama was...
- Restonic: A constant in my 20-year bedding journey. // Furniture/Today;12/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p19
The article reports that twenty years ago, a fledgling trade journalist covered his first story on the bedding beat. A producer named Restonic was opening a new showroom in the International Home Furnishings Center in High Point. By a curious twist of fate, the topic of High Point came up on the...
- Top 100's sales jump 7.6% in 2004. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;5/23/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p46
Reports on the sales performance of the largest furniture stores in the U.S. for the fiscal 2004. Factors that contribute to the increased sale in furniture, bedding and accessories; Percentage of growth in sale; Total revenue generated by the industry.
- Caution rules for capital's shoppers. // Cabinet Maker;10/19/2007, Issue 5560, p6
The article reports on developments concerning sales growth for furniture and homewares in London, England. The findings of the survey "Monthly Sales Monitor," from the London Retail Consortium (LRC) has showed that some larger purchases slowed because of consumer caution. It has noted that the...
- Sun brings out more discounts. // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p6
The article discusses the current status of furniture sales in Great Britain. Due to hot weather and heatwave the sales of furniture declined further in July which in turn open for discount-driven sales. According to British Retail Consortium, the hot weather results in the increase in the sales...
- Leading E-tailers. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p11
The article features the leading electronic retailers (e-tailers) in the furniture industry, particularly in the U.S., as of early August 2013. Amazon.com posted an estimated total sales of 61.1 billion dollars in 2012. The other featured top e-tailers include Anthology Furniture, BedPlanet.com,...