- Top 10 Viruses Reported to Sophos in March 2005. // Database & Network Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p17
Reports on Sophos' publication of a report revealing the top ten computer viruses causing problems for businesses around the world during the month of March 2005.
- New trend in viruses. // Management Services;Aug2001, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p29
Anti-virus company Sophos has published its periodical list of the most common computer viruses and show Homepage as the biggest risk. Homepage directs infected users to pornographic web sites. After Homepage, the next biggest risk is from the virus Magistr. A trend toward the use of viruses to...
- Top Ten Viruses December 2004. // Software World;Jan2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p23
Highlights Sophos' publication of a report revealing the top ten viruses causing problems for businesses around the world in December 2004.
- Sophos Warns Against Panic As Worm Attacks CNN, Financial Times and New York Times. // Software World;Sep2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p20
The article discusses Sophos PLC's global network of virus, spyware and spam analysis centres, SophosLabs' advice to computer users to ensure appropriate defenses following discovery of a worm that exploits a Microsoft vulnerability. The virus disrupted businesses across Europe and the United...
- Sophos Anti-Virus. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Mar2006, Special section p11
The article reviews Sophos Anti-Virus computer software for enterprise IT environments from Sophos.
- Latest Mytob Worms Use a New Trick To Fool Users. // Database & Network Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p16
This article reports the warning issued by Sophos about the emergence of new versions of the Mytob worm in the Internet. According to Sophos, hackers are releasing new versions of the Mytob worm all the time, and different variants of the worm currently account for 14 of the top most commonly...
- Julia Roberts Worm Can Bog Down E-mail. // Database & Network Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p19
Reports that Sophos PLC has detected a computer worm which claims to be a screensaver of Hollywood actress Julia Roberts in compromising scenes.
- Macs Snubbed By Cyber Underworld. // Database & Network Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on Sophos PLC's analysis of all viruses reported to its customer support department during the first six months of 2003. Incapability of Window viruses to infect the Macintosh operating system; Risk of being affected by the email-aware worm.
- Top Ten Viruses and Hoaxes Reported To Sophos in July. // Database & Network Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Lists the top ten viruses and hoaxes reported to Sophos PLC, a global leader in anti-virus protection for businesses in July 2003.