Coming soon--the credit card phone
- 3G Mobiles. // Management Services;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p30
NEC Corp. looks like it is setting the standards for third generation mobile handset performance with two new video mobiles for the 3 network. These are the new e616 and e313 handsets, the company's fourth and fifth such devices to appear in Great Britain where the scarcity of third-generation ...
- NEC to re-enter U.S. handset market. // RCR Wireless News;5/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the decision of electronics company NEC Corp. to reopen its mobile-phone operations in the U.S. Reason behind the move; Plan of NEC to release new models of mobile handsets based on global system for mobile communications technology in the U.S. wireless market in 2004; Estimated...
- after hours: GADGETS. Jevdic, Olga // Australian PC User;Jun2004, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p123
Evaluates the mobile phone e616 from NEC. Price; Pros and cons.
- NEC America to unveil mid-tier handset for U.S. market. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the success of NEC America's wireless division in the wireless handset market in the U.S. Total annual revenues of the company; Features of the company's 515 and 525 handsets; Plan of the company to launch the 232 phone in 2005.
- NTT DoCoMo Develops Prototype HSDPA Handsets. // Electronic News;2/6/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p37
The article reports on the development of three prototype high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) handsets by NTT DoCoMo Inc. with Fujitsu, Motorola and NEC. Information on HSDPA is provided. Bill Werner, senior vice president and general manager for the mobile devices business at Motorola,...
- NEC Re-Enters The U.S. Cellphone Market. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/8/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p36
The article reports that NEC Corp. has re-entered the U.S. cellular market with the launch its 4G Android LTE phone, a ruggedized Android smartphone.
- NEC joins MeT Initiative. // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p26
Reports that NEC Corp. has joined the Mobile Electronic Transactions (MeT) Initiative, which seeks to develop open and common industry framework for secure mobile transactions. Remarks from Martti Granberg, chairman of the MeT Initiative, about NEC joining the MeT Initiative; Some of the other...
- Fold-up telephone. Plunkett, Sandy // BRW;8/14/95, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p85
Features NEC Corp.'s Opera analog mobile telephone. Size; Transmission capabilities; Retail price.
- Squeezing the cellular network. Potter, Robin // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p63
Looks into problems associated with the rapid expansion of the cellular telephone market in the United States. Problems in optimizing the cellular network to deliver both performance and quality of service; Processes and benefits involved with performance engineering in mobile networks.