The way to get IT right
- The Information Industries: Introduction to the Special Issue. Mendelson, Haim; Kraemer, Kenneth L. // Information Systems Research;Dec98, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p303
Introduces series of articles dealing with the impact of information technology in industries.
- Core Competence and learning alliances--the new face of information management? Lehmann, Hans // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Dec93, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p217
Information management methods are now becoming inadequate for the demand placed upon them. A process of evolutionary change, initiated during the 1980s, may not suffice because the current thinking on management theory ï¿½ upon which information management is defined ï¿½ is changing...
- Organisation management: 2. Bentley, Trevor // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p22
Part II. Discusses some factors which prevent the successful implementation of information technology in business organizations. Information management impact of management style; Types of management styles; Decision delays, decision overlaps and decision confusion as organizational weaknesses.
- Learn how valuable knowledge is acquired, created, bought and bartered. Davenport, Tom; Prusak, Larry // Australian Library Journal;Aug98, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p268
Discusses how health organizations generate and use knowledge, according to the book `Working Knowledge: How Organisations Manage What They Know.' Five modes of knowledge generation; Acquired knowledge; Establishment of units or groups specifically for knowledge generation; Fusion and...
- How to invest in information technology. Shelby, Ron // CMA Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p16
Offers key dimensions for businesses to consider when prioritizing investments in information technology (IT). Undermining profits while improving efficiency; Aligning IT investments with business strategy; Importance and sufficiency of productivity.
- A Holistic Framework on Information Systems Evaluation with a Case Analysis. Hallikainen, Petri; Chen, Lena // Electronic Journal of Information Systems Evaluation;2006, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p57
This paper presents a framework for understanding IS evaluation in its broader context. The role of IS evaluation is emphasised on integrating the IS development process into business development process. The framework is applied to analyze a single IS project in details. The results show that...
- Keeping assets in their place. Gurin, Rick // Frontline Solutions;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6
Focuses on automated asset management in manufacturing and servicing organizations in the United States. Applications for asset management systems; Use of automation to track information technology assets; Strategies in automated asset management.
- In to everything. Ashton, Christine // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr2000, Issue 19, p14
Presents an approach to managing information technology in business. Four levels of the pyramid of technology that can be used as framework for action by the administrative manager; Infrastructure; Corporate databases; Applications provision; Business strategy.
- No, we can't do that--have a nice day! Robinson, Graham // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr2000, Issue 19, p22
Discusses the challenges faced by administrative managers in the 21st century. Effective management of information and communications, and of people as two greatest challenges; Technology-driven change; Customer-driven change; Job of top management to recruit and train managers who are...