Toolkit aids firms bidding for major contracts
- Win Some Lose Some. Story, Mark // New Zealand Management;Jul99, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p26
Discusses information on competitive bidding. Techniques to keep businesses; Importance of absorbing feedback from clients; Tips to review lost bids.
- The Capture Management Life Cycle: 'Learning to Dance with Customers'. Garrett, Gregory A.; Kipke, Reginald J. // Contract Management;Jun2003, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p6
Discusses the concept of capture management in business. Capture management life cycle; Phases of capture management; Capture management in contract bidding.
- Engineers at the bar. Schoumacher, Bruce H. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;May98, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p31
Discusses a few guidelines for minimizing pitfalls in contract administration, one of the phases in construction projects. Information on competitive bidding; Factors to consider during the bidding process; Significance of communication in contract administration.
- Will You Be a Winner? Weeks, Wallace // HomeCare Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p46
Discusses the risks about winning and not winning for contracts based on the mandated competitive bidding for Medicare in the U.S. Likelihood for bid winners to experience lower profit margins; Tendency for nonwinning bidders to loss customers, referral sources and to enter new markets; Tips in...
- Keys to Developing Successful Outsourcing. Formica, Robert F. // Response;Jul2005, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p49
Provides tips on how to attain success in marketing outsourcing. Most common problems associated with outsourcing; Factors that should be considered before outsourcing marketing and advertising tasks; Features of a sound request for proposal; Characteristics that should be sought by companies...
- Heavy-duty information stream. // Roads & Bridges;Apr2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p65
Evaluates two bidding and operations software from HCSS. HeavyJob; HeavyBid.
- CEZ throws spanner in works. // Power Economics;Jun2003, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the interest expressed by Czech electric utility CEZ in the bidding for Slovak utility Slovenske elektrarne. Intention of CEZ to acquire the nuclear and conventional parts of Slovenske; Options available to the Czech government; Consolidation of the operations of CEZ.
- The global subcontracting village. // Metalworking Production;Aug 2004-2005 Annual Review, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p41
Looks at subcontracting businesses of the manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Effort of companies to outsource in order to reduce cost; Trends in retaining contracts for machining automotive and power transmission parts; Investments for winning new contracts and operating a good working...
- Through a Looking Glass Darkly: Fibreboard Five Years Later. Nelson, Wallace B. // Labor Law Journal;Dec70, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p755
If the 1964 Fibreboard decision was strictly an ad hoc effort to resolve the problematic subcontracting hassle, the author could forgive what he terms its anomalousness. Fibreboard's results, though, he argues, are more pervasive -- and confusing. Subsequently, with regard to subcontracting --...