News from the UK MTM Association
- The point is trust. Garcia, Angel Alonso // Industrial Management;May/Jun96, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the trend in companies toward human values. Necessity of cooperation of workers; Adoption of cooperation philosophy by Japanese; Consideration of the evolution of methods-time measurement (MTM).
- MTM Association Annual Conference. // Management Services;May93, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the outcome of annual conference of the Methods Time Measurement Association in Great Britain held March 11 and 12, 1993. Conference theme; Attendees; Guests and presentations.
- UK MTM Association announces its 2004 conference programme. // Management Services;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p5
The UK MTM Association has announced its programme for the 2004 conference, scheduled for May 6 at the Ramada Hotel in Birmingham, England. The opening address will be given by John Scott, chairman of the UK MTM Association. This will be followed by two papers, presented by executive Klaus...
- METHODICAL APPROACH TO DESIGNING WORKPLACES AND INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY BASED ON VALUE STREAM MAPPING AND METHODS-TIME MEASUREMENT. Edtmayr, Thomas; Kuhlang, Peter; Sihn, Wilfried // Transactions of FAMENA;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p91
The introduced methodical approach connects value stream mapping (VSM) and methods-time measurement (MTM) and offers new distinct advantages to reducing lead time and increasing productivity based on lean principles and standardised processes. The mutually aligned design and improvement of...
- USING MASTER STANDARD DATA (MSD) FOR METHODS IMPROVEMENT. Barnes, Donald W. // Industrial Management;Apr72, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
Examines the use of master standard data for methods (MSD) based on the economic aspects of methods-time measurement. Description of MSD; Computations of MSD; Advantages derived from using the MSD.
- HOW GOOD ARE MTM STANDARD TIMES? Frankhauser, Giovanni // Advanced Management Journal;Summer66, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p53
Discusses the efficiency of Methods-Time Measurement (MTM) standard times. Normal performance according to MTM and REFA; Advantages of MTM over stopwatch time; Accuracy of MTM measurements and stopwatch measurements.
- REVIEW OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE WORKING METHODS. // Refugee Survey Quarterly;1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p83
The article offers information on the "Decision on Executive Committee Working Methods" of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's program. The methods feature provisions related to the length and timing of documentation. It also mentions that the method will be implemented on...
- THE VALIDITY OF CERTAIN CRITICISMS OF THE MTM PROCEDURE. Frankhauser, Giovanni // Advanced Management Journal;Fall66, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Discusses the criticisms of the Methods-Time Measurement (MTM) procedure. Advantages of MTM; Scientific character of the MTM; Normal performance of MTM; Influence of the direction of a motion; Methods improvement and normal time determination.
- THE INTRODUCTION OF MTM INTO THE PLANT. Frankhauser, Giovanni // Advanced Management Journal;Winter67, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p65
Focuses on the introduction and implementation of the methods-time measurement (MTM) into the manufacturing plants. Dangers and causes of excessive incentive bonuses; Causes and consequences of loose standard times; Subdivisions of delay allowances; Delay allowances to be used in connection...