A call for video images: medicine in real time
- Manipulating Emotion. York, Matthew // Videomaker;Oct2014, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses the power of video in transmitting information, which also represents a transitional development in the manner people communicate and bring several advantages like the use of online video in distance learning.
- Where Network and Cloud Meet (Part 2). // Multichannel News;4/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p26
The article focuses on the issue regarding the intersection of the network cloud and computer network in video transmission.
- Imaging evolution. Rostenberg, Bill; Stein, Morris // Health Facilities Management;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the development of digital imaging in hospitals. Factors considered in designing digital operations; Impact of the technology on work flow; Steps involved in the imaging process.
- Medical predictions to 2200. // Futurist;May/Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p46
Reports on the potential use of computer imaging in creating whole body maps of patients. Searching for signs of disease by comparing old and new body maps; Predictions on computer use in medicine from year 2000 to 2200.
- Conditions of the legs. // Pulse;11/17/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p52
Presents photographs of patients suffering from skin diseases.
- Severe Attachment Loss at the Maxillary Incisors: Part 1. Vailati, Francesca // European Journal of Esthetic Dentistry;2006, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p166
In this two-part treatment planning series, the case of a 63-year-old woman with severe attachment loss at the maxillary incisors is presented. In Part 1, pretreatment strategies, eg, use of intra- and extraoral photographs, analysis of periapical radiographs, and examination of occlusal and...
- ADMIT — A simple Adaptive Data Rate Model for Medical Image Transmission over Wireless Network. Saranya, S.; Kavitha, P. // International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technolo;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1626
Choosing an optimal congestion flow control mechanism is the most fundamental decision that to be made before transmitting large amount of data through online or offline network. Image resolution and data rate are two things which plays a major role while finding an optimal data rate that...
- Fast and Efficient Secure Medical Image Compression Schemes. Manimurugan, S.; Porkumaran, K. // European Journal of Scientific Research;7/20/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p139
To transfer a medical image from one place to another place or to store a medical image in a particular place in a secure manner has become a challenge. In this paper a new fast, efficient and secure medical image lossless compression scheme to transfer a medical image in a secure manner has...
- Low-bandwidth tele-ultrasound. Brebner, John A.; Ruddick-Bracken, H.; Brebner, Eileen M.; Gilbert, Fiona J.; Maclean, J. R.; Ritchie, L. D. R.; Smith, P.; Thompson, A. // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Mar1999 Supplement 1, Vol. 5, p75
We examined the acceptability and diagnostic accuracy of dynamic ultrasound images transmitted at 128 kbit/s and 384 kbit/s. The gold standard was the direct recording of 200 ultrasound examinations on video-tape. The taped images were later transmitted at both 128 kbit/s and 384 kbit s and...