Playing God' during labour disputes causes stress
- Health in brief. // Public Finance;10/25/96, p5
Discusses health care services and developments in Britain. Increase in total number of patients treated by National Health Service (NHS) trusts in 1995; Average pay rise of trust chief executives in 1995; Details on a High Court injunction received by the Newcastle City Health trust to prevent...
- Take care with the cure. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p10A
Comments on the likelihood for hospital closures in Long Island, New York. Impact of the promotion of outpatient surgeries on the demand for overnight hospital stays; Factors that prompted the closures of several hospitals in the county; Recommendation for the Commission on Health Care...
- Aoraki PHO ditched, replacement unclear. // New Zealand Doctor;9/9/2009, p4
The article discusses the decision of the District Health Board to remove Aoraki, New Zealand's Primary Health Organization. Some members of the health board would rather have one that would set up an appropriate primary health environment. It also mentions that South Link Health's proposal for...
- The Role of the Government in the Provision of Health Services. Bondurant, Stuart // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov68, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p963
Discusses the responsibility of the government in the provision of comprehensive health services in the U.S. Variations in government involvement in medical care depending on the needs of consumers; Introduction of a bill on hospital costs and insurance, proposed by a former governor of New York.
- Getting better every day. Kennedy, Ian // Public Finance;12/16/2005, p21
The article comments on the statutory duty of Great Britain Healthcare Commission to encourage improvement in the provision of health care in the country. Ministers are reviewing the regulation of health and social care, including the role of the commission. But to contrast regulation with...
- Our look ahead. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;1/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p20
Introduces a series of articles about medical and healthcare services in the U.S.
- Core leadership concerns. Dalston, Jeptha // Modern Healthcare;5/31/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p22
Suggests the alteration of the way to train the next generation of healthcare managers. Milestones experienced by the art and science of managing healthcare organizations; Core values of healthcare management; Areas of needed study.
- Development and Validation of the Health Care Satisfaction Questionnaire (HCSQ) in Elders. Gagnon, Maxime; Hébert, Réjean; Dubé, Micheline; Dubois, Marie-France // Journal of Nursing Measurement;Winter2006, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p190
The Health Care Satisfaction Questionnaire (HCSQ) was designed for the evaluation of health care and services in a manner that controls acquiescence bias yet is characterized by a simple structure. The HCSQ was developed and validated within the context of the Program of Research to Integrate...
- New Partnerships: Rethinking Healthcare in Colorado. Gustafson, Glenn E.; Reijgers, Jessica // School Business Affairs;Oct2016, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p22
The article describes how new partnerships help Colorado Springs School District 11 in southern Colorado remain self-funded for healthcare since the 1990s. Topics covered include the district's switch from the local municipal hospital to a health service system of a broader network, favorable...