Cancer strategy needed but political will lacking
- Nurse in Washington Internship Grants Are Available. // ONS Connect;Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p18
The article offers information on grants available for the Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) program to be held in March 2012 at the Liaison Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
- Generating Political Priority to Tackle Health Disparities: A Case Study in the Dutch City of The Hague. Schmidt, Melanie; Joosen, Isabel; Kunst, Anton E.; Klazinga, Niek S.; Stronks, Karien // American Journal of Public Health;Apr2010 Supplement, Vol. 100 Issue S1, pS210
Objectives. We sought to study the factors that determined the success of a recent initiative to generate political priority for the problem of health disparities in the city of The Hague, the Netherlands. Methods. Our study had a prospective design. The qualitative data collection included...
- Citoyennete active et politiques de Ia sante en Suisse: les politiques sanitaires a I'Ã©preuve des changements. Renschler, Isabelle; Maggi, Jenny; Cattacin, Sandro; Hausser, Dominique // Swiss Journal of Sociology;2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p79
In this article we analyse health policies from the viewpoint of active citizenship. Based on the fact that the strategy to fight HIV/Aids has innovated the manner of handling a public health issue - by introducing a strong implication of civil society in the prevention of the transmission of...
- Middle East countries join to fight cancer. // Nation's Health;Jul96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the signing of Middle East countries of the Middle East Cancer Consortium agreement in Geneva, Switzerland. Objectives of the consortium; Improving cancer research and treatment facilities; Implications to the Middle East peace process.
- Letter from the President. Burger, Deborah // California Nurse;Dec2004, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p2
Presents an invitation for political participation of nurses in California. Opposition to the proposal of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to reduce the ratios of nursing professionals in the hospital industry; Claims of nurses as the source of protection against medical errors and death; Need for...
- A new focus from the bush to the coast. Stoner, Andrew // Parliamentarian;2005 Supplement, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the policy agenda of The Nationals, a political party in New South Wales. Improvement in the health system; Development of a comprehensive regional development plan; Rural issues that will be addressed by the party.
- Hawaii first to pass medical marijuana bill. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/05/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p588
Reports that Hawaii is the first state to legalize the growth, possession and use of marijuana for prescribed medical purposes. Requirement that patients register with the state's Department of Public Safety to avoid criminal charges; Efforts of the advocacy group, the Marijuana Policy Project.
- Lee. THOMAS, LEE // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p17
The article presents an obituary for former Australian nurse Robyn Janette Parkes.
- Protesters take to the streets in call for reversal of pay freeze â€˜insultâ€™. Gillen, Sally; Osborne, Katie // Nursing Standard;6/11/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p7
Nurses across England have united in public protest at the governmentâ€™s refusal to give all NHS workers a 1 per cent pay rise this year.