Off-Line ID Theft Still Scares Banks the Most
- Identity Crisis. Rowland, Mary // NEA Today;Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p48
Discusses how to prevent identification theft (ID theft). Number of victims of ID theft annually according the U.S. Privacy Rights Clearinghouse; Ways to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of ID theft; Things to do when identity has been stolen.
- Fear of ID Theft May Do More Harm than the Crime. Crooks, Ted // American Banker;5/27/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 102, p10
The war against identity fraud is intensifying, and many credit grantors are on the front lines. But fear of fraud may be worse than the fraud itself. When consumers avoid modern payment and credit tools for fear of identity theft, they distort and restrict consumption, thus sending misleading...
- IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY: WHY THE STATE IDENTITY THEFT LAWS FAIL TO ADEQUATELY ADDRESS CRIMINAL RECORD IDENTITY THEFT. Perl, Michael W. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Fall2003, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p169
This commentary explores the state identity theft laws and explains the provisions that are needed to address criminal record identity theft. Identity thieves apply different strategies to gain personal data ranging from mundane activities to high-technology inventions. The advancement of...
- Solving the Identify Theft Puzzle. Foster, Chad // State Government News;Apr2004, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p18
Deals with the steps taken by state officials in the U.S. to address the problem of identity theft. Impact of the crime on the financial performance of businesses and financial institutions, according to a 2003 survey by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission; Definition of identity theft; Factors...
- How you can identify and prevent identity theft. Grill Jr., Norman G. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/18/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 51, p11
Focuses on the identification and prevention of identity theft. Internet infiltration; Dumpster divers; Definition of identity theft.
- ID theft a growing problem. Gurliacci, David // Westchester County Business Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p15
Reports that identity theft is a growing concern in the U.S. Fraudulent use of personal financial information for credit card purchases or cash withdrawals from someone else's account; Experience of White Plains, New York-based Community Mutual Savings Bank with identity theft; Need to secure...
- Don't Become a Victim of Identity Theft. Goldsborough, Reid // Black Issues in Higher Education;9/11/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p34
Focuses on the problem of identity theft among consumers in the U.S. Scope of the problem; Threat posed by online identity theft; Guidelines for consumers to avoid identity theft.
- F.A.B. IDs. Johnson, Roger // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Feb97, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p8
Discusses a training program for law enforcement officers and alcohol beverage retailers in Wisconsin for spotting fake, altered or borrowed identification cards youths use in buying alcohols. Researching for forged ID cards making methods and developing the training program; Conducting the...
- Overseas forgers' fake IDs can fool even the experts. // Filipino Reporter;6/15/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p3
The article reports that overseas forgers are shipping fake identification cards such as a driver's license to the U.S. that can bypass electronic digital security systems.