Online Retailing Ready to Go
- Who Wants To Buy a Retailer? Shoulberg, Warren // Home Textiles Today;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p4
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the retail trade in the U.S. He is critical about the subject of retail acquisitions, wherein he says that retail is a dying industry in which real stores will be replaced by the Internet. Also investigated is the consideration of companies in...
- Holidays Should Spark More E-Tailing Deals. Abrams, Sandra Lea // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/7/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 42, p11
The article points out that holiday online retail sales in the U.S. in 2005 are expected to reach $26 billion, an increase of 18 percent compared to the same period in 2004. Bankers in the electronic commerce sector now anticipate increased activity in both e-tailing initial public offerings and...
- Alibaba Acquires UCWeb, Readies U.S. Retail Site. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;6/12/2014, pB10
Alibaba Group Holding â€” China's top e-commerce portal, which plans an IPO in the U.S.â€” announced strategic moves in both the Chinese and U.S. markets on Wednesday.
- Blues clues. Versel, Neil // Modern Physician;Jun2001, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the financial status of Blue Cross and Blue Shield operators. Details on the profit margins of Blue Cross; Acquisition of Cerulean Cos., parent of Blue Cross and Blue shield of Georgia, by WellPoint Health Networks; Plans of other Blues operators to go public; Expansion plans of...
- Facebook's Future: Clues from the Past. STEIN, ROBERT // Moderate Voice;5/21/2012, p7
The author discusses the issue on the initial public offering (IPO) of Facebook Inc. with a valuation of 105 billion dollars that triggered media ghosts to raise questions on how to turn the attention of millions into profit from advertisers. He compares such subject with the merger of AOL Inc....
- ConvergEx IPO Weighed By Deals. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jul2011, Vol. 24 Issue 325, p8
The article focuses on the operating revenues of New York-based ConvergEx Inc. which showed a negative net income for the five-year period that ended December 31, 2010. It notes that the downturn of the privately held agency brokerage and technology vendor may be due to its acquisitions that had...
- Westlake Sets IPO Terms; Completes Pipe Deal. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;8/11/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the terms of the initial public offering of Westlake company in 2004. Completion of the acquisition of polyvinyl chloride pipe producer Bristolpipe by the company; Second-quarter earnings of the company.
- Business Objects/Crystal Decisions: careful integration needed. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p107
Reports on the merger of Crystal Decisions Inc. and Business Objects Inc. to create one of the largest business intelligence companies in Europe. Cancellation of the filing of Crystal for initial public offering; Revenues posted by both companies; Benefit offered by the deal for Business Objects.
- Industry Comment: Belgacom: Telindus takeover bid toppled. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Dec2005, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p233
The article reports that Telindus Group NV has rejected the takeover offer from Belgian telecoms operator Belgacom. Telindus' board has unanimously rejected Belgacom's $581 million takeover offer, claiming that it does not reflect Telindus' "value potential." Belgacom is a cash-rich operation,...