THE SCORPION'S TAIL
- SMART, NOT STODGY. Celarier, Michelle // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/20/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the activities of the company UBS Warburg. Performance of stocks of the company in 2002; Reason for success of the company; Employees recruited by the company to aid in its development.
- UBS Said To Plan Rebranding, Private Bank Shakeup. // American Banker;12/8/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 234, p6
Reports on the possibility that Swiss banking group UBS AG will announce a senior management realignment. Renaming of several divisions including UBS Brinson, UBS Capital, Phillips and Drew and the private and corporate clients units; Decline in assets cited.
- Financials Fall as Street Takes Profits from Rally. Castano, Ivan // American Banker;7/18/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 136, p24
Reports on the stock market performance of financial services companies in July 17, 2000. Fall of financial stocks due to investors' concern about earnings for investment banks and commercial banks; Reaction to the UBS AG-PaineWebber Group merger.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/11/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 32, p35
Presents information about stock performance in the U.S. as of August 11, 2003. Ranking of brokerage stock of Morgan Stanley & Co.; Bank stock of UBS AG.
- UBS Taps Dark Pools. // Securities Industry News;2/12/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p3
The article offers information on two algorithmic trading models, Tap and TapNow, from UBS that enable clients to match trades against the investment bank's large internal order flow. The offerings bring to 12 the number of UBS algorithms available to U.S. institutional clients. However,...
- Banking Sector: Outlook Solid, With Potential Value. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/7/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p13
The article presents an outlook for the Latin American banking sector as of November 7, 2011. It notes that the sell off in equities has not resulted in a major threat to any country's banking sector. It is believed that systemic risks will come from domestic sources prompted by loose monetary...
- Sector-Wise Stock Return Analysis: An Evidence from Dhaka Stock Exchange in Bangladesh. Hasan, Mostofa Mahmud // International Journal of Business & Management;Jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p276
This paper aims at identifying sector-wise return characteristics of selected stocks of Dhaka Stock Exchange. Here, 48 months return data of 126 stocks listed in the DSE have been used. The stocks have been divided in 10 different sectors and found individual sector's return and risk....
- Top Swiss bank nears selection of global agency. Mussey, Dagmar; Cardona, Mercedes M. // Advertising Age;6/15/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 24, p73
Reports that Swiss bank UBS is expected to choose a global advertising agency by the end of June, 1998. Agencies which are still being considered including Advico Young & Rubicam, Weber Hodel & Schmid and Publicis; What the global account is thought to be worth; Campaigns for UBS that Weber...
- UBS Downplays Cost of Ad Campaign. // American Banker;8/26/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 132, p2
The article discusses the cost of an advertising campaign that has been launched by the company UBS AG.