Small and Nimble's The Ticket for First Albany
- Becoming A Boutique. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/28/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 41, p36
Reports that investment bank First Albany Corp. in the U.S. is redeveloping itself to become one of the prominent investment banking boutiques in the country. Financial details of the company; Role of Robert Gales, executive managing director in the company; People who have been hired by the...
- First Albany Buying a N.Y. Broker-Dealer. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;2/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 34, p20
First Albany Cos. Inc. said on Thursday it agreed to acquire Descap Securities Inc., a New York broker-dealer and investment banking firm specializing in mortgage-backed securities. The Albany, New York, investment banking and asset management firm said it would pay about $32 million for the...
- Muni bonding at First Albany. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Comments on the performance of First Albany Corporation. Effect of gyrating interest rates on the performance of First Albany; Views of Art Murphy, muni bond chief at First Albany Corporation.
- First Albany appoints former principal banker. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p3
Focuses on First Albany Corp.'s appointment of executives as part of an expansion of its office in Chicago, Illinois. Hiring of Frank Paul as the firm's public finance banker; Comment by Ken Gibbs, co-director of First Albany's municipal finance division.
- 1st Albany Unit Hires Dallas Office Head. // American Banker;12/17/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 241, p7
Announces that Vincent Matrone joined First Albany Capital as senior vice president, and will head up the company's new Dallas office. Profile of First Albany, an investment banking, sales, and trading division of First Albany Cos.; Profile of Matrone.
- First Albany opens Virginia office with an eye on taxable muni growth. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p25
Reports on First Albany Corp.'s opening of an office for its municipal bond operations in Virginia, as part of an effort to expand its footprint and specialty areas across the United States. Staffing of the office; First Albany's clients who issue taxable municipals; Locations of First Albany's...
- First Albany Pays to Stay. // On Wall Street;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
Reveals that First Albany Corp. has begun paying annual bonuses to brokers who stay with the firm. Number of financial consultants employed by First Albany; Turnover rate of brokers; Details on the bonus plan.
- Los Angeles seeks Fitch's opinion on $100 million in GOs, COPs. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p36
Reports on the plan of Los Angeles, California to sell $60 million in general obligation bonds. Negotiation for the sale of certificates of participation through First Albany Corp.
- First Albany's image issue. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30811, p1
Discusses the efforts of New York, New York-based underwriter First Albany Corp. to clear its image with the public. Attempt to eliminate its image as a mere regional player; Bond sales managed by the company from 1998 to 1999.