Freescale May Outdo Google
- The Saga as Google Goes Public. Basch, Reva // Searcher;Jan2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p18
This article looks at the impact of the initial public offering made by Internet search engine, Google, on its operations. Google's influence goes beyond simple brand recognition and loyalty. Its effect on the daily lives of the people, personal as well as professional, is immense. But now...
- Google's Sergey Brin Has The World in his Hands. Sisk, Michael // U.S. Banker;Feb2004, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the Internet-related stocks of Google Inc., a firm in the U.S. Details on the initial public offering of the company; Revenue of the firm; Detrimental effect of stocks on the financial health of investors.
- Motorola picks Zander to lead, files for chip spinoff. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51/52, p3
Reports on the appointment of Edward Zander as chief executive officer of Motorola Inc. and the initial public offering (IPO) for the semiconductor unit of the company as of December 2003. Comment from Jane Zweig, CEO of the Shosteck Group, on the appointment of Zander; Amount of the initial...
- Motorola SPS Becomes Freescale Semiconductor. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Motorola Inc. to name its soon-to-be spun off semiconductor company Freescale Semiconductor. Initial public offering filed by Motorola; Services offered by Freescale to customers.
- Rural America Is Dialing Into Wall Street Collect. Conrad, Lee // U.S. Banker;Jul2004, Vol. 114 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on a type of initial public offering that is appealing to slow-growth businesses that happen to have strong cash flows in the United States. Deal structure; Benefits of the deal; Appeal to small rural telecom companies; Marketing barriers of selling a hybrid to United States investors.
- Google's Banker. Lashinsky, Adam; Rodriguez, Elias; Neering, Patricia // Fortune;5/3/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 9, p105
The article focuses on Michael Moritz, the investor who had early stakes in Yahoo and PayPal, and the outlook for Google search engine to go public. In 1999, Moritz led his firm, Sequoia Capital, to invest $12.5 million in Google. If Google goes public at the $8-billion-and-up valuation that...
- The Facebook Bet. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Money Management Executive;2/13/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p3
The article offers information on the investors funding in Facebook Inc. and Google Inc. including Fidelity Investments Inc. and Morgan Stanley and Co. Inc. As mentioned, Facebook Inc. has more Initial public offering (IPO) and expected to have more in 2012. It further informs that 85 percent of...
- Google Fate Rests with Syndicate. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 33, p9
Focuses on the status and operations under Google Inc.'s initial public offering. Prices under the company's initial public offering; Details on the bidding of investors on Google's shares; Impact of high pricing of the offerings on retail investors.
- Market stardom for divestiture IPOs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the technique of divesting a subsidiary by initial public offerings (IPO) for restructuring companies with multiple businesses. Process involved in divestiture; Adverse effects of divestiture initial public offerings; Gains by Midwest Express Holdings Incorporated; Performance of the...