Omnicare Won't Accept "No."
- For NeighborCare, Omnicare Goes Hostile. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p1
Reports on an acquisition bid won by Covington, Kentucky-based Omnicare Inc. for Baltimore, Maryland-based NeighborCare Inc. Amount of cash bid offered by Omnicare for NeighborCare; Similarities of a letter given by Omnicare chief executive officer Joel Gemunder to NCS HealthCare Inc. chairman...
- NeighborCare Balks at Omnicare Price. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the implications of Omnicare Inc.'s tender offer to pharmacy services company NeighborCare Inc. on both companies stock prices. Details of NeighborCare Inc.'s financial performance for its fiscal third quarter ended June 30, 2004; Overview of stock prices for both companies.
- NeighborCare's Arlotta Handles Inquiries. J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p3
Presents information on the views given by John Arlotta, NeighborCare Inc. chairman and chief executive officer, on the financial situation of Omnicare Inc. at the breakout session of the 15th annual United Blood Services Global Healthcare Services Conference in New York on February 16, 2005. ...
- NeighborCare rejects Omnicare's proposal. // Drug Topics;6/7/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 11, p8
Reports that the Omnicare company, the largest provider of drugs and pharmacy services to nursing homes and other healthcare facilities in the U.S., has made an unsolicited bid for rival the NeighborCare company.
- Omnicare and NeighborCare talking. // Drug Topics;7/11/2005, Vol. 149 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the negotiations between long-term care pharmacy providers Omnicare Inc. and NeighborCare Inc. regarding the proposed acquisition by Omnicare of all the outstanding shares of NeighborCare common stocks in the United States.
- 'White night' woos Aventis. Beachman, Will // European Chemical News;3/22/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2092, p6
Deals with the takeover bid being considered by Novartis for pharmaceutical company Aventis in 2004. Business condition of Novartis; Benefit of a consolidation to Novartis.
- Rival Bid in CVS Deal. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/19/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 128, p13
The article reports that Express Scripts Inc. has made a $26 billion unsolicited bid for pharmacy benefits manager Caremark Rx. Express Scripts said that its takeover attempt, a proposed cash-and-stock acquisition that values Caremark shares at $58.50 each, calls for $29.25 in cash and almost...
- Novartis, Speedel Inch Closer to Sudden Acquisition Deal. Sheridan, Cormac // BioWorld International;7/23/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of a majority position in Speedel Holding Ltd. by Novartis AG in July 2008. Speedel founder Alice Huxley led a group of five major shareholders who sold to Novartis a combined shareholding in the company of 51.7 percent. That enabled the pharmaceutical...
- GSK Takes its $2.6B Offer For HGS to the Shareholders. Shaffer, Catherine // BioWorld Today;5/10/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 91, p1
The article reports on the decision of GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK) to commence its tender offer for all outstanding shares of Human Genome Sciences Inc. (HGS) instead of participating in a strategic alternatives review process with HGS. The decision of GSK has transformed its acquisition for HGS...