Back to the Big Leagues
- Facing The Fee-Based Future. Hintze, John // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2003, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the changes in hiring investment advisers by banks in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities of a bank representative; Determination of asset diversification and allocation; Types of bank annuity.
- THE CULTURAL CHALLENGE FOR BANKS. // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2005, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p31
The article focuses on the attitudes of the bankers when asked about their role in investment management. Investment management occupies an important and influential role within banks and is a core component of the bank's value proposition and identity. Banks believe the value propositions of...
- THE HIRING FRENZY. Garver, Rob // Bank Investment Consultant;Apr2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the intense recruitment by financial services firms of the U.S. of competent advisors to handle the boomer's retirement in 2007. Both bank investment programs and warehouses reportedly now compete over experienced advisors because the temporary expansion in the number of...
- Investment bankers win big in slew of money manager mergers. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;11/27/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p74
Reports on the benefits that investment bankers get from mergers of money managers in the United States. Success of investment bankers.
- Chris Gilchrist: Dinosaur transactional advisers are a dying breed. Gilchrist, Chris // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/20/2013, p16
The article presents the author's views on old-style investment advisers who have followed a transactional, sales-driven model, which has now been outlawed by regulators in Great Britain. It opines that these advisers are selling their clients to the highest bidders and are not concerned what...
- Small Firms Staffing Up. Louria Hahn, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/16/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 48, p15
Reports on the recruitment of investment bankers by small U.S. investment banking firms. Reasons for the retrenchment of employees by large bank firms; Recruitment of employees by Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin.
- Amid Waves, 1998 Hires Hold Course. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;01/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
Provides information on plan sponsor investment activity in 1998. Comparison on the number of managers hired between 1997 and 1998 according to `Investment Management Weekly's' annual industry activity recap; Factors that helped boost domestic equities; Decline in domestic fixed income for the...
- HIRINGS. // Pensions & Investments;3/17/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p25
Presents news items related to hirings by U.S.-based pension advisers, as of March 17, 2003. Selection of Western Asset Management and Wellington by Missouri-based Ascension Health; Managers hired by Texas-based Austin Firefighters Relief and Retirement Fund; Advisory firm hired by...
- Changes Ahead. // Pensions & Investments;2/6/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p0044
The article presents a list of pension and investment funds soliciting individual or firm investment managers, including the Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System, the Iowa Public Employees' Retirement System, and the Chicago Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Retirement Fund.