Enron Case To Depose Shapiro
- On Enron, Chase's $100M Unsecured Surprise. // American Banker;12/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 244, p2
Reports the announcement by Marc Shapiro, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.'s head of finance and risk management, that some of the company's assumptions about its exposure to Enron Corp. have proved wrong as of December 2001. His optimism to eventually collect on the surety bonds through a lawsuit.
- JP Morgan: Enron aftershocks rumble on. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;August 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p10
The article presents information related to JPMorgan Chase & Co. It has agreed to pay former Enron Corp. shareholders $2.2 billion, marking the second such settlement in under a week. This move, a significant step towards resolving outstanding issues in the Enron Corp. scandal, highlights...
- JPMorgan axes Links from panel after litigation row. Griffiths, Catrin // Lawyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that JPMorgan Chase & Co. has ditched Linklaters from its list of preferred advisers after the row over the magic circle firm's role in suing Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. for Barclays Bank PLC. It states that since December 2007, Linklaters has been representing Barclays lawsuit...
- JPM Chase Sues WestLB Over Loan to Enron Unit. // American Banker;6/15/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 114, p2
Reports on a lawsuit in London involving J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and state-owned German bank, WestLB AG. Dispute over a loan to the Enron Corp. unit, Mahonia Ltd., which is registered in the Channel Islands; J.P. Morgan Chase trying to force WestLB to honor a $350 million loan to Enron through...
- JPMorgan Chase Wins U.K. Enron Case. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;8/4/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 149, p18
Reports that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. won an Enron-related lawsuit when a British judge upheld its claim on a multi-million dollar letter of credit the German bank WestLB AG issued in 2001 to back a prepaid swap contract. How this is the first Enron-related suit to go through trial to a decision;...
- $2.2B from Chase In Enron Class Action. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;6/16/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 115, p20
Reports that JPMorgan Chase & Co. reached an agreement to settle an Enron-related class action. How the company will pay $2.2 billion and take a $2 billion charge in the second quarter of 2005 as part of the settlement; Description of the suit.
- Bank of N.Y. Suing Citi in Enron Case. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;8/27/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 166, p20
Reports that Bank of New York Co. has filed suit against Citigroup Inc. in New York State on behalf of several trusts. Reasons the trusts are seeking $2.5 billion in compensation; How the suit is tied to the collapse of Enron; Charges by the trusts that Citigroup helped Enron hide its true...
- JPM, N.J. Settle Auction-Rate Case. // American Banker;9/10/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F335, p15
The author reports on a settlement that has been reach between the state of New Jersey and the financial services company JPMorgan Chase & Co. regarding a lawsuit in which the company was accused of not disclosing investment risks.
- MBS Investors Target JPM with Lawsuits. // American Banker;11/10/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 173, p16
The author reports on fraud lawsuits that may be filed against the global investment and banking securities firm JPMorgan Chase & Co. due to its decision to stop foreclosures in September 2010 and allegations that have been made against the company in relation to their mortgage underwriting...