FOR THE RECORD
- Bickering owners' court disaster. Dempsey, John // Variety;11/10/97, Vol. 369 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the prospects of selling the cable television network Court TV. Court TV owners' imposition of restrictions on the Court TV sale; Non-media hesitation in purchasing Court TV as a stand-alone network; Scuttlebutt on a Court TV acquisition by Wassertein Perella; Court TV's projected...
- Court TV Sets Forensics-Themed Mall Tour. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p30
Reports the plan of Court TV for Mobile Investigative Unit tour in the United States. Operation of the network; Opinion of the television operators on the plan; Goal of the plan of Court TV.
- Court Adds Subs, Buys 'Profiler' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p146
Reports the investments and improvements made by Courtroom Television Network (Court TV) in programming. Acquisition of the program `Profiler,' the cancelled NBC series about a female forensic psychologist; Plans of Court TV to introduce a half-hour series `Forensic Files'; Deals made with...
- Cable tops O.J. rank. // Quill;Oct94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p8
Reports on a study which shows that television viewers rate Cable News Network (CNN) and Court TV's coverage of O.J. Simpson murder trial as superior. Measures of quality that were surveyed and topped by Cable.
- TV preps for O.J. trial. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/26/94, Vol. 124 Issue 39, p25
Reports on Cable News Network (CNN) and Court TV's coverage of the O.J. Simpson court trial in the United States. ABC, CBS and NBC's consideration of second network satellite feeds; Comments from industry executives; Televiewers' demand for the Simpson trial coverage; Selectiveness of the coverage.
- NBC, Liberty say no to CNNfn/Court TV merger. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;03/10/97, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the opposition of National Broadcasting Co. and Liberty Media to the possible merger between Court TV and CNNfn. Ted Turner's desire to merge Court TV and CNNfn; Time Warner's acquisition of Court TV founder Steven Brill's stake in American Lawyer Media; Court TV's plans to launch a...
- O.J.'s Impact. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;6/14/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p38
Recalls the controversy surrounding the murder trial of O. J. Simpson and its impact on the U.S. mass media industry. Attention it created for cable TV network; Emergence of the forensic crime-drama on prime time television; Learning experiences for Court TV, which delivered high ratings during...
- Court TV net finds itself on a major roll. Walsh, Thomas // Variety;1/30/95, Vol. 357 Issue 13, p35
Features the Courtroom Television Network and its founder and chief executive officer, Steven Brill. Increase in subscriber base and advertising; Speculation on the future of Court TV; Statements from Brill; Focus on the O.J. Simpson case; Issue of the going-forward rules; Ownership structure;...
- O.J. trial could cost nets $13M in ads daily. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;9/26/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the effect of the upcoming trial of O.J. Simpson on major television networks' advertising revenues. Tight commercial time; Plans of live coverage of the trial; Expected revenues for cable networks CNN and Court TV.