At New ESPN Digs, Let's Go to the HDTV
- A High-Def Tale of the Tape. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;2/17/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the launching of the high definition simulcast network (HDTV) of ESPN on March 30, 2003. Details on the regular telecast of the program; Comment from Bryan Burns, vice president of strategic planning and development, on their aim to increase awareness of the positive attributes of...
- Chuck Pagano: ESPN's Calculated Risk-Taker. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;12/9/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p12
The article presents information on Chuck Pagano, executive vice president and chief technology officer at sports television entertainment company ESPN Inc., who is reportedly a quick decision maker and also a risk taker. Topics include Pagano's philosophy for taking risks, the plans for ESPN's...
- Get ready to see the pope in high-def TV. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/28/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 31, p17
The article reports that the Vatican Television Center acquired a high-definition outside-broadcasting unit as part of its effort to use digital communications to spread the Good News.
- Digital standards defined. Robin, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p34
Defines the standards in digital communications system through the characteristics of 1920 x 1080 high definition television (HDTV) picture formats. Features of 1920 x 1080 HDTV picture formats; Frequency formats in digital communications; Composition of digital representation of 1920 x 1080...
- HD. // CableFAX Daily;10/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p2
Reports on a number of U.S. college football games that will be shown by ESPN in high definition (HD) TV. Remarks from Bryan Burns, an executive for HD service at ESPN, on the HD service being offered by the company; Plan of ESPN to show all of the soccer matches at World Cup in HD.
- ESPN SPORTING HIGH-DEF. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;9/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 82, p4
Reports on cable television network ESPN Inc.'s plan to launch a high-definitive simultaneous broadcasting service.
- ESPN HD SPORTS HIGH-DEF TV. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/28/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 60, p2
Reports on ESPN's signing of a batch of cable operators for spinoff network, ESPN HD, a high-definition television (HDTV) channel. First operators to buy ESPN HD; Operating fee for each HDTV subscriber; Estimated number of HDTV sets acquired in the United States; Advantages of ESPN HD.
- The case for COFDM. Nolan, Dermont // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the high-definition television (HDTV) standards conflict between Europe, Japan and the United States. Commercialization of COFDM transmission technology; Information on the DVB-T digital terrestrial television system; Difference between DVB-T and ATSC systems; Markets for DVB-T.
- interactivity. Cohen, Ovadia // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p77
Deals with the prospects of digital entertainment technologies in the United States (U.S.). Critique on the level of acceptance or penetration by high definition television and interactive television (iTV) technologies in the U.S.; Factors for the increasing demand for digital broadcast...