Modesto OKs Settlement With Comcast
- Modesto Zaps Comcast With $1M Fine. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p18
The Modesto, California, City Council has fined Comcast Corp. just over $1 million for failing to properly ground its cable drops by the deadline set in its franchise agreement. In addition to imposing the fine by a 7-0 margin on June 24, the council directed Modesto's attorney to immediately...
- Council fined Â£40k after paver injured. // Truck & Driver;Nov2012, p16
The article informs that the city council of Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland has been fined 40,000 pounds after a sub-contractor suffered crush injuries while driving and carrying out road repairs.
- IN BRIEF. // Food & Drink Technology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p8
Reports global developments related to the food industry as of July 2005. Move of Pepsi Co. in appointing Pioneer Foods as its franchisee in South Africa; Amount of the fine imposed to a company for negligence which lead to pollution of a stream; Addition of the Invasweet, an invert syrup for...
- AT&T, Comcast Pick Up Local OKs. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p3
Reports the condition of merger-related franchise transfer of AT&T Broadband and Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the process; Date of completion in the improvements; Resolution of franchise dispute between the two companies; Approval of the transfer in Chicago by the city mayor.
- LFAs Raise Privacy Concerns. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p16
- AT&T, Comcast Need Franchise OKs. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
Reports the transfer of franchises by AT&T Corp. and Comcast Corp. in the United States. Completion on the merger of the two companies by the franchise transfer; Proportion of franchises to be transferred; Statement regarding the transfer of franchises by spokeswoman Karen Buchholz.
- Cities losing cable power. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the dozen of video providers in Indiana which filed for statewide video franchises. One is Comcast Corp. that sent out letters to people in Indianapolis and other metro-area cities informing them on its discard of local cable franchise agreements. These operators are no...
- Comcast fined over ISP plan. // Daily Variety;6/28/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 62, p1
The article reports on the decison by Comcast Corp. to pay 800,000 dollars to settle a U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC's) investigation into the compliance of the condition for its merger with NBCUniversal.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., City Council Extends Deadline for Hockey Arena Project. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p33
Reports on the extension of the deadline for Phoenix developer Steve Ellman to purchase a National Hockey League franchise by the City Council of Scottsdale, Arizona. Source of the project finance; Total of the proposed public financing; Key component for Ellman's ownership of the Phoenix Coyotes.