Ferree Plan's Warm Welcome
- consumer issues. Bates, Alan // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p76
Reveals the result of a survey conducted in the United States (U.S.) about attitudes toward digital television (DTV). Key issues hampering widescale adoption of DTV in the U.S.; Average price that survey respondents are willing to pay for DTV; Respondents' opinions about the importance of...
- Public Short-Shrifted in Digital TV Transition. Tristani, Gloria // Television Week;11/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p8
Comments on a U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) consumer initiative to educate the U.S. public about the wonders of digital television unveiled by FCC Chairman Michael Powell and television industry leaders. Details of the FCC initiative; Estimated value of digital licenses;...
- Senate Bill Offers Firm Date For Digital TV Conversion. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;6/20/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p6
Discusses a bipartisan bill in the U.S. Senate that offered a deadline for digital television (TV) conversion. Subsidies for less affluent consumers; Impact on analog TV service; Response of the National Association of Broadcasters to the bill.
- DTV Bills Coming Soon. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p28
Presents updates on the Congressional hearings for bills that seek the transition from analog to digital television broadcasting in the U.S. as of October 10, 2005. Introduction of separate bills that will discuss the deadline and multicast must-carry; Estimated amount of revenue from planned...
- Digital TV: No clear standards winner. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the results of a series of comprehensive industry tests of ATSC/8VSB and DVB-T/COFDM, which reveals that such digital television transmission technologies failed to deliver signals to indoor receiver antennas in the United States. Comparison of the performance of ATSC/8VSB and...
- THE INSIDER. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p8
Reports developments on television broadcasting industry in the United States. Performance ratings of ABC News Company; Professional accounts of Greta Van Susteren in the Fox News; Future projects of The Insider.
- HOLLYWOOD NOTES. Freeman, Michael; Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p29
Reports developments on television broadcasting industry in the United States. Programs of Buena Vista Television; Cancellation of executives Dean Valentine and Adam Ware; Production of ABC and Touchstone Television.
- Station checkbooks are open. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p16
Presents a graph showing how much television stations are planning to spend to equip their facilities for digital broadcasting in the United States.
- The road to digital. McClure, Howard G.; Weirather, Robert R.; Ericksen, Dane E.; Payne, John; Robin, Michael; Zaller, Joe; Hejtmanek, Phil; Everett, Mark; Hunold, Kenneth; Kupnicki, Richard; Johnson, Greg; Monsen, Steve; Buterbaugh, Doug; Pierceall, Richard; Livingston, Phil; Ajamie, John; Brooks, David; Durant, James; Goldman, Matthew; Blumenfeld, Steven // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p66
Focuses on fundamental questions related to television stations' transition to digital television in the United States. Includes key specifications that should be considered when selecting a DTV transmitter; Types of test equipment that stations should plan for when building DTV facilities;...