Charter's VOD Lessons
- Price Cut Gains Data-Only Subscribers. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the total number of subscribers recruited by Charter Communications Inc. as a result of its decision to drop the non-subscriber penalty assessed to customers who do not also buy video packages as of May 31, 2004. Cost of the company's high-speed Internet offering; Factor that...
- VOD Gets Closer. // Communications Technology;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that digital video networks are now focusing to move video-on-demand content closer to the viewers. Pragash Pillai, Charter Communications Inc.'s Vice President of Advanced Engineering, Digital Video, said that with the emergence of Internet Protocol (IP) and voice-on-demand...
- GIG-E BOLSTERS CABLE'S VIDEO-ON-DEMAND ARSENAL. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;9/2/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Charter Communications has decided to employ a gigabit Ethernet network architecture that improves the flexibility and cuts the cost of video-on-demand deployments in the U.S. Neutralization of telecommunication carriers' narrowcast interactive advantages; Improved flexibility of...
- Charter Produces Concert for VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8
Reports on a blues concert featuring Jim Belushi and Dan Aykroyd produced by Charter Communications Inc. for its video on demand (VOD) service. Scheduled airing of the concert on VOD; Reasons behind the decision of Charter Communications Inc. to produce the concert; Percentage of the company's...
- Plenty of good questions, not a lot of answers. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the business strategy of Charter Communications Incorporated. Comparison between finding the right advanced video strategies with running a store according to Richard Yelen, vice president of marketing at Charter; Deployment of video-on-demand services by the firm. INSET: CHARTER...
- Video-on-demand makes L.A. bow. Grove, Christopher // Daily Variety;09/08/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 4, p54
Reports on the success of video-on-demand (VOD) in the United States. Two-way interactive capabilities; VOD services of Charter Communications Inc.; Partnership of Blockbuster and Enron Corp.
- Ascent traffics Charter VOD. // CED;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p14
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. has inked a deal to deploy Ascent Media Group's video-on-demand asset traffic and management system in select markets. Terms of the deal; Markets of Ascent's VOD Traffic and Management System; Features and functions of Ascent's system.
- Canvas still on track. Kimberley, Sara // Media Week;6/9/2009, Issue 1212, p6
The article reports that the supporters of Project Canvas, which aims to introduce video-on-demand services on Freeview and Freesat, are confident of a business in the first half of 2010. A delay was declared by the BBC Trust regarding its formal review of the venture, which is supported by the...
- FRAME GRAB. // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Presents a graph on the percentage of American on-demand usage as of May 2005.