ESPN Celebrates 25th With Ops
- ESPN--15 years of masochism. Brady, James // Advertising Age;8/29/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p22
Opinion. Comments on ESPN cable television network as it celebrates its 15th year anniversary. Historical background; Cable programs; Advertisers.
- ESPNNEWS, CNN/SI to square off. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/96, Vol. 126 Issue 26, p57
Focuses on ESPN cable television network's plans to launch the ESPNNEWS sports network. Possible competition with the CNN/SI network venture of Turner Broadcasting and `Sports Illustrated' magazine; Concerns on the entry of additional sports network on cable television.
- ESPN takes a swing at Spanish telecasts. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the ESPN broadcast of a series of Spanish-language baseball simulcasts on cable. Signing of advertisers interested in reaching the growing Hispanic market to sponsor the cablecasts; Spanish-language simulcast of all of ESPN Sunday night baseball telecasts; Comments of Ed Erhardt,...
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- LIVING DANGEROUSLY. Grimshaw, Colin // Campaign;3/29/2002, Issue 12, p35
Focuses on the marketing of extreme sports in Great Britain. Details on the television coverage of extreme sports by ESPN, Eurosport and Extreme Channel; Involvement of Nokia in mountain-biking and in-line skating; Marketing impact of extreme sports on commercial brands.
- Fox Dangles Sports-Viewing Trophy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the sports viewing contest by Fox Sports Digital Networks in November 2002. Prize for the winner; Number of hours of watching sports to qualify as winner of the contest; Significance of the contest to cable operators in the U.S. and the Fox channels.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p47
The article presents an update on cable television programming in the U.S. ESPN and Adelphia Communications Corp. have partnered for the telecast promotion of the Buffalo Bills-Denver Broncos National Football League game. Cable television advertising will be tracked by TNS Media in San...
- ESPN in the cross hairs. Larson, Megan // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR22
Presents the importance of the enthusiasts on the success of Entertainment & Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in the United States. Creation of an inclusive environment for the viewers; Recognition of the ESPN brand name worldwide; Competitors of ESPN.
- Faith no more. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;6/17/96, Vol. 84 Issue 24, p32
Looks at the notice that appeared on monthly bills sent to TCI of Illinois cable-TV subscribers regarding the move of ESPN2 to Channel 60, replacing the Faith and Values Channel.