Jetix Weekend Block Expands
- Population explosion. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p27
Focuses on increase in children cable television programming in the United States. Reference to the launch of Fox Broadcasting Company's Family Channel; Plans of Nickelodeon cable network to launch a trio of digital-tier networks in January of 1999; Expansion of the Discovery Kids and Learning...
- Spinoffs tackle new survival strategies. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Daily Variety;06/08/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 5, pA11
Focuses on digital cable television networks that are subsidiaries of well-known children's cable networks such as the Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Fox Family and Walt Disney. Advantages and disadvantages of digital content creation; Cartoon Network's launch of Boomerang; Nickelodeon's launch...
- Crying for attention above rivals' squall. Snyder, Beth // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p48
Focuses on cable television network Nickelodeon's efforts to hold on to its advertising revenue. Increased competition in the children's television market; Formation of a branding campaign; Agreement with television network Telemundo to offer two hours of shows in Spanish.
- Television for kids. // Latin Trade (English);Nov98, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p20
Highlights Nickelodeon Latin America's launch of a Portuguese-language cable television network in Brazil. Focus on children's shows; Growth of the company; Availability of English and Spanish programs.
- Cable Nicks away at kids audience. Littleton, Cynthia // Broadcasting & Cable;01/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the success of cable television network Nickelodeon's television programs for children. Complaints from broadcasters about Nickelodeon's inability to monitor what children are watching; Ratings of children's television shows; Suggestions for broadcasters to invest in...
- Discovery shuttles into NBC kids slot. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the replacement of Discovery Kids of the NBC Saturday morning kids time slot in the U.S. Benefits of the deal; Cancellation of the production of kids show by major networks; Features of the show.
- Nick to spend $30 million on kids. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 13, p53
Reports on modifications in the `Nick Jr.' daytime lineup of cable network Nickelodeon. Development of two-minute vignettes with Jim Henson Productions; Competition from Public Broadcasting Service preschool shows; Recognition of advertising potential of preschool programming.
- India. // Daily Variety;09/01/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 65, p12
Reports on Nickelodeon's plans to broadcast 14 hours of children's programming in Hindi.
- Nick's not kidding around with '04 slate. Dei, Lily // Daily Variety;6/26/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 57, p4
Discusses the development of television programs for children by cable television network, Nickelodeon. Number of projects; Focus on issues facing children; Practice of the network to broadcast diverse programs.