Mastering the Universe
- News Nets Feast on Unending Tally. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p5
Reports on the ratings results for United States cable television networks in the survey by Nielsen Media Research for the eight days starting election day, November 7-14, 2000. Huge ratings for all-news networks including CNN and MSBC; Criticism of FNC for its perceived pro-Republican bias.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p3
The article reveals that Nielsen Media Research Inc. will label the data from its first commercial minutes ratings as experimental in November 2006. It is noted that cable television industry has raised concerns over how the company will measure advertisements, including its definition of a...
- Uproar Over Nick Split. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the complaints made by cable networks to Nielsen Media Research about the separation of the ratings for Nickelodeon and its adult primetime, Nick at Nite. Reason programmers want the ratings service to provide a definition of what a cable network is; Effect of the separation on the...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p2
Presents updates on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Household rating of SportsNet NY for its baseball telecast in May 2006; Increase in the overall ratings of the second round of the National Basketball Association playoff coverage of TNT in 2006.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p15
Assesses the status of the television broadcasting market in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as of May 2003. Top commercial TV stations in the area; Total number of cable subscribers; Ratings of several TV programs in the area.
- Advertising Goals at Fox Soccer Channel. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p36
The article reports on the inclusion of Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) to the rating survey of Nielsen Media Research Inc. effective October 1, 2008 in the U.S. The network specializes in soccer such as the Major League, England's Barclays Premier League and Argentine First Division. Executive vice...
- Nielson Primetime Ratings Report. // Daily Variety;9/17/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 52, p8
Several charts are presented that list the primetime rating reports of Nielsen Media Research Inc. in the U.S. for September 8-14, 2008 including the evening news, top cable networks, and the primetime scorecard.
- Viacom cablers push to redefine primetime. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/19/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 10, p4
Reports that several Viacom cable networks have called on media research firm Nielsen to redefine its concept of primetime television for cable television. Assertion by cable networks that primetime for cable television should be expanded; Implications for ratings performance of cable television...
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p36
Presents tabular representations on cable television program ratings in the U.S. for the week of April 8 to April 14, 2002.
- Cable nips nets' Sunday. Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the performance of television programs on cable and on broadcast networks on March 11, 2001. Combined viewership of HBO's 'The Sopranos,' TNT's 'The Screen Actors Guild Awards,' and Discovery Channel special 'Land of the Mammoth'; Combined viewership of ABC's Wonderful World of...