Flattery From the Enemy
- CAB Conference Merges With NCTA. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p8
The article reports on the plans by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) in the U.S. to integrate its annual sales management conference into the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's national show in Las Vegas, Nevada in May 2007. The CAB stopped having its own national...
- Uva: A La Carte Will Hurt Nets. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p13
A Major advertisement agency official warned that Cable networks will lose major advertisement dollars if Ã la carte packaging starts to cut into their national distribution. Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) held its Cable Sales Management Conference in Chicago, Illinois in May, 2003....
- What's more able -- cable or broadcast? Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;3/29/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5812, pAM11
Reports on the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's plan to conduct a study to determine whether consumers gain more brand awareness from broadcast or cable television.
- Org sees growth in cable prime. Richmond, Ray // Variety;02/02/98, Vol. 369 Issue 12, p19
Forecasts the growth in cable television viewing for 1998, according to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau. Increase in the number of homes with cable service; Share of cable television in prime viewing.
- Cable Ads Crack $10B. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/21/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 39, p4
Statistics are presented by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau on October 21, 2013 which include the rate of cable spending growth in the U.S. in 2012, increase in cable spending since 2009, and number of hours spent by consumers on cable television (TV) per month.
- Cross-Media Sales Take CAB Center Stage. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p16
Previews the 18th annual Cable Advertising Conference of Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau in New York. Details on cross-media selling and cross-platform programming; Performance of cable and broadcast advertising sales; Speakers and topics of the conference.
- That's Advertainment! Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the trend in integrating advertising and entertainment in cable television. Plan of Brief Original Broadcasts to launch a digital channel; Creative work of Nike; Tests conducted on the pricing of the service. INSET: CLUTTER AS CONTENT.
- To Live and Watch Ads in L.A. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p20A
The article focuses on the variety of advertisements shown on cable television in the U.S. In the morning time zone, Fox News Channel and Cable News Network glued to coverage of a tainted mail scare out of Washington state. In USA Network, showing the theatrical Loser, there's a local spot for...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 38, Media Outlook p38
Provides information on the condition of cable television industry. Projections for cable's future; Conclusion of Veronis, Suhler in its annual Communications Industry Forecast, a report on advertisers; Details on Veronis' report on the total day ratings for all of cable.