Building Cable's New Fighting Machine
- Interconnects and Systems. // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p46
Presents a list of cable interconnects and systems in the U.S. independently selling local advertisement availabilities as of June 7, 2004.
- Cable. // Business NH Magazine;Jan1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
Provides information about the cable television companies in New Hampshire. Why the services and rates in cable television vary; List of the basic rates, commercial rates, and bulk account rates offered by the companies.
- The rise of cable television. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 47, p29
Focuses on the development of cable televisions in the United States. Capabilities of satellite on the relay services of television stations; Launching of the CNN news channel; Complications of satellite signals among pay cable channel.
- OCAP Is Ready For The Next Phase. So Vang // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/7/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p134
This article explores the deployment of the OpenCable Platform in the U.S. in 2007. According to the author, cable operators in the country expressed their commitment to launch the platform. He cites the move of Time Warner Cable to deploy thousands of OpenCable-based set-up boxes in the third...
- ANALYZE THAT: NEW YORK'S DISCONNECTION. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p34
Analyzes the withdrawal of Time Warner Cable from the New York Interconnect in 1998. Impact of the withdrawal on the cable interconnect's revenue; Reasons behind the network's withdrawal; Negotiations being conducted regarding a possible reentry of the network into the interconnect as of June...
- 620K. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/18/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 19, p35
A statistic is given on the number of CableCard modules deployed in retail-bought video devices by the top nine U.S. cable operators as of May 18, 2015.
- Passage Promises Big Savings. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Reports the opening of Passage cable television technology to the conditional access systems of second vendors. Savings from the technology; Significance of open standards; Negotiations with Sony, developer of the technology.
- Cable Network Directory. // Response;Apr2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p32
Presents a cable network directory in the U.S. ABC Family Channel; Access Television Network; American Movie Classics; Auction TV; The Beauty & Fashion Channel; B Mania Television Network; Cartoon Network; Catalog TV; Chronicle DTV; CLTV; CNN; CNNFN; CNN Headline News; Colours; Comedy Central;...
- Ad negatives to Sky Plus launch. Smith, Stuart // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p3
Comments on the launch of new cable television networks and Sky Plus upgrade, Sky Plus160. Strategic management of ITV3 and ABC1; Advantages of Sky Plus160; Features of PVR.