Advertising Ushers in New Era for The N
- Bright LIGHTS. // Advertising Age;2/17/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 7, pS-1
This article presents historical milestones in U.S. television programming and advertising, and in attempts to control the medium's influence over children and teenagers. 1950 was when the major networks set aside Saturday mornings as children's prime time. Kellogg Co. introduced the cartoon...
- Local ad time outstrips regional deals for MTV. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;Feb2000, p23
Highlights MTV Networks' move to focus on localization due to viewers' preference for national programming. Commercial implications of the decision; Impact of the advertising sales flexibility on the network; Setbacks of the localization strategy.
- Recall of young people of television advertisements as a function of programme type and audience. Furnham, Adrian; Gunter, Barrie // Psychological Reports;Dec94 Part 1, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p1107
Examines the effects of television programs' content and evaluation by adolescent viewers on advertisement recall. Positioning of advertisements in television programs assigned to viewers; Ratings given by the viewers; Difference in advertisement recall according to theme of television programs;...
- Shreveport, La. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the state of the television advertising industry in Shreveport, Louisiana as of January 8, 2001. Growth in the local television broadcasting industry; Factors attributing to the growth in such industry sector; Market performance of various industry players.
- TV airtime cost falls to lowest rate since 1997. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;2/14/2003, Issue 7, p2
Reports on the decline in the cost of commercial television airtime. Reason behind the decline in the cost; Percentage decrease in the revenue of television station ITV1; Television deflation for some audiences since 1997.
- St. Louis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the state of the television advertising scene in Saint Louis, Missouri, as of May 8, 2000. Most active advertising categories; Population growth in Saint Charles County; Cable-television penetration in the market; Television revenues in 1999.
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;3/22/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
The article presents information on television advertising including national television, cable television and local broadcasting.
- Should've been here yesterday. Espensen, Sam // Televisual;Nov2002, p28
Lists the top 30 commercials, featured in the November 2002 issue of the periodical 'Televisual.' Academy; Partizan; RSA; Harry Nash; Gorgeous; Paul Weiland; Passion Pictures; Spectre; Blink; Outsider.
- Chattanooga, Tenn. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;03/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p9
Presents information about the current state of television advertising in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Percentage decline in national television advertising revenues in 2001 as compared to that of 2000; Expectations that the local television advertising industry would bounce back to profitability in...