NBA's Postseason Lifts TNT, ESPN
- Hoops Drive TNT to May Ratings Title. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/6/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the primetime television rating gained by Turner Network Television (TNT) in May 2005 as a result of the National Basketball Association Playoffs. Ratings posted by several television networks; Reasons behind the decline in the ratings received by ESPN; Impact of the playoffs on TNT;...
- Competitive NBA Playoffs Lift ESPN, ABC, TNT Ratings. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;6/5/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p4
This article reports on the continuous solid ratings of National Basketball Association playoffs benefiting ESPN, ABC and TNT networks. The Detroit Pistons versus Miami Heat telecast on ESPN recorded the highest rating for any basketball game on that network reaching 4.99 million homes. The...
- NCAA finals a ratings yawn. // Electronic Media;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on the factors that affected the television rating of the 1999 National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball tournament finals in the United States.
- NBA scores all-time low. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/24/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 42, p17
Reports on the lowest rating achieved by the television broadcast of the NBA All-Star Game in the history of the contest in the U.S.
- Postseason Payoff. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;10/12/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p8
The article reports that the cable television network TBS, a division of Turner Broadcasting, enjoyed the highest ratings for a broadcast of the baseball playoffs since 2005 on October 7, 2009, when it broadcast three games of the American and National League divisional series, the playoff's...
- For NFL Ad Sales, Flat Equals Rise. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p3
Reports on advertising revenue increases posted by United States networks carrying National Football League games despite flat ratings. Soldout advertising inventory three weeks before the September 3, 2000 season start; Ratings of the games on ESPN, ABC Sports and CBS Sports.
- ESPN Breaks Ice With Baseball. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p4
Reports on a cable television rights agreement signed by Major League Baseball with sports cable operator ESPN. Implications of the agreement for Comcast's Outdoor Life Network; Terms of the agreement; Average household rating of ESPN with its baseball telecasts in 2005.
- May in TNT's basket, but hoops on decline. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/2/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 44, p16
Reports that TNT television station has parlayed a batch of National Basketball Association playoff games into a top spot in prime time among all advertising-supported cable networks in total viewers and in the key young adult categories. Failure of the playoffs to help the ratings of ESPN;...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/28/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 188, p2
The article reports on the ratings record set by the return of the New Orleans Saints football team on "Monday Night Football" aired by ESPN.