IFC Turns Up the 'Fahrenheit' With Moore Film
- '9/11' keeps R, film opens to $21.8 million. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/29/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 27, p75
The Motion Picture Association of America upheld its decision to give Michael Moore's politically charged documentary film "Fahrenheit 9/11" an R rating, denying a much publicized campaign by film's distributors to appeal for a PG-13. The rating didn't deter viewers, though, as the film enjoyed...
- Distribs to contest MPAA's '9/11' rating. Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;6/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the plans of Lions Gate Films and IFC Films to put Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" on more screens than any documentary in history, despite the Motion Picture Association of America's rating that may limit who will be allowed to see it. Efforts to contest the R rating applied by the...
- Clarke heats up Fahrenheit. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;6/28/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the advertising efforts of distributor Will Clarke for the documentary film "Fahrenheit 9/11," by Michael Moore in Europe in 2004. Expectations on the film; Remarks from Clarke.
- Pickup artists. D'Alessandro, Anthony // Variety;5/10/2004 Cannes Film Festival, Vol. 394, p20
Presents film acquisitions made by several U.S. distributors for 2002 and 2003. "Sex Is Comedy" acquired by IFC; "Dogville" by Lions Gate; "Carnage" by Wellspring.
- PLAUSIBLE NILE ABILITY. Fine, Janet // Daily Variety;8/11/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 27, p7
Reports that the documentary film "Fahrenheit 9/11," by Michael Moore to be shown in Egypt. Acquisition of the documentary film by Arabia Co. for Production & Distribution; Approval of the film by censors in the country; Plan of the Cairo Film festival to screen the film during the festival.
- Fahrenheit 9/11 (Film). Tuttle, Tricia // Diva;Aug2004, Issue 99, p51
Reviews the documentary film "Fahrenheit 911," directed by Michael Moore.
- Lions Gate ups promo exec. Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;11/11/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 30, p2
The article reports about Tim Palen who has been promoted as executive Vice President of Lions Gate Films' theatrical marketing division. Promotion comes on the heels of successful campaigns for films "Saw" and "Fahrenheit 9/11." Palen joined Lions Gate in October 2001 and launched the campaign...
- Fahrenheit 9/11 (Film). Cohen, Neil // Echo Magazine;7/1/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p66
Reviews the motion picture "Fahrenheit 9/11," directed by Michael Moore.
- Fahrenheit 9/11 (Film). // Fort Worth Business Press;7/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p46
Reviews the documentary film "Fahrenheit 9/11," directed by Michael Moore.