Ballard to Divers: Keep Off 'Titanic'
- Interactive YES Scores With Fans. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/10/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p3
The article focuses on the television ratings received by YES Interactive during the World Series in 2006. According to Ray Hopkins, chief operating officer of the YES Network, the last baseball season, 42 percent of the households with access to YES Interactive used it month-in-month-out and...
- BBC interactive content gives the audience much more to do. Penfold, James // New Media Age;1/26/2006, p25
The article ponders on the level of participation that British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) provides its audiences. It describes the interactive strategy of BBC. It notes that the BBC programme "Spooks" gave the viewer the chance to participate in a series of tests and experiences related to being a...
- NBA buries 'Six Feet' and other cablecasts. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/16/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 51, p27
Reports that the "Six Feet Under" and other U.S. cable television programs suffered declines in ratings caused by the broadcast of the 2004 National Basketball Association Finals. Ratings numbers achieved by cable television programs; Titles of programs.
- TV puts fans in game. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the plans of executives to create an interactive television for basketball fans in the United States. Opportunity to interact players, coaches, commentators and fans; Use of robotic cameras for audience to better navigate shots; Interactive packages offered by high technology companies.
- A GRAZER'S GUIDE TO TV. // Campaign (UK);3/18/2005, Issue 12, p12
The article presents a list of TV programs. On BBC1, March 19, at 3:00 p.m., would be aired, Wales versus Ireland, the deciding match in this year's Championship from the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales. On ITV, March 20, at 9:00 p.m., would be aired the programme, "Diamond Geezer." This...
- ESPN Hikes Football Drama. Frutkin, A.J. // MediaWeek;8/11/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p6
Focuses on the TV program "Playmakers" that will be launched by ESPN in August 2003. Forecast of Mark Shapiro, VP of programming and production, on the show; Amount paid by ESPN for rights to the National Basketball Association; Schedule of the show.
- On-screen guides help sort TV listings. Pargh, Andy // Design News;1/8/96, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p150
Reports on the features of interactive on-screen guides to television (TV) programs. Comparisons between StarSight and VideoGuide on-screen TV grid guides; VideoGuide's Smart Sorting feature which allows a viewer to sort channels; Contact information.
- New Service Taking iTV To Next Level. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p96
Reports the enhancement of the interactive television in the United States. Public trial of the Click Version service; Linkages on a streaming video image; Inclusion of the subject material of a television program.
- HBO will let auds step up to plate. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;4/26/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 41, p1
Reports the development of 'General Manager,' a reality television program allowing viewers to track the progress of an actual minor league baseball team by Home Box Office and Live Planet in Los Angeles, California. Names of executive producers; Concept of the show; Involvement of viewers on...