Local Meters Face New Foes
- STATION BREAK. Eggerton, John; Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/8/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p26
Presents an update on U.S. television stations as of March 8, 2004. Terms of the deal signed between Tribune Broadcasting Co. and Nielsen Media Research Inc.; Efforts of Gannett Company's KUSA station in covering the scandal surrounding the University of Colorado football program; Appointment...
- Untitled. Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;4/11/94, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p12
Reports on developments involving television stations. Rejection by stations in Detroit, Michigan of Nielsen Media Research plans; Tribune Broadcasting's purchase of Gannet Co.'s WLVI in Boston, Massachusetts.
- No more ratings. // Quill;Apr96, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p6
Reports that CBS Inc.' Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania station is dropping the Nielsen Media Research service that measures television ratings.
- CBS sweeps: No win for ages. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;12/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p1
Focuses on the Nielsen Media Research company ratings of CBS Incorporated, which indicates that although the company won the November sweeps, its audience age range is over 55 years old. Comparison of its audience to American Broadcasting Corporation and National Broadcasting Corporation;...
- Sources say LIN, Tribune reaching for Sky. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p1
Reports on News Corp.'s hooking of its first major broadcast customers with competitive subscriber fees and services in light of the launching of its Sky satellite service with local television signals. LIN Television Corp. and Tribune Broadcasting Co.'s agreement in principle to allow...
- Rupe ends Nielsen tiff. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;10/26/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 19, p5
The article reports the signing of a multiyear deal of News Corp. with Nielsen Media Research Inc. in measuring television ratings in the U.S. The deal ends the competition between both companies which erupted after the ratings service rolled out Personal PeopleMatters in 2004. It covers 49...
- KDKA-TV drops Nielsen. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p9
Reports on CBS' cancellation of the Nielsen contract for its station KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh. Reason for the move; Terms of the letter addressed to Nielsen Media Research President John Dilming.
- Eye tells Nielsen to take another look at latenight. Flint, Joe // Variety;6/24/96, Vol. 363 Issue 8, p30
Reports on the reaction of CBS to Nielsen's ratings of latenight television programs using NTI national peoplemeter panel and local station NSI panel. Criticism on discrepancy of ratings using `Late Show With David Letterman' as example.
- Nielsen improvements spur ABC, CBS to renew pacts. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the renewal of American Broadcasting Co. and CBS Inc.'s contracts with Nielsen Media Research. Nielsen's agreement to provide a new methodology to capture television audiences via its `active/passive meter'; Criticism of the accuracy of Nielsen's ratings data.