NBC Ups Olympic Output
- Olympics Bring Eyeballs to NBC. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;8/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p3
Reports on an increase in the rating of NBC for its Olympics programming in the U.S. in 2004. Views of Randy Falco, president of NBC Universal Television Network Group, on the company's multiplatform strategy; Impact of the Olympics programming on the rivalry of NBC with other cable channels.
- NBC & Co. Double Olympics Hours. // MediaWeek;1/14/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p3
Announces the plan of National Broadcasting Co., MSNBC and CNBC to air 375.5 hours of coverage from the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics in Utah for 17 days beginning February 8, 2002.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p78
Presents news briefs on the cable industry as of June 9, 2003. Update on the annual TV Critics Association Awards; Effort of cable televisions to auction for the 2010 and 2012 Olympic Games; Representation of Court TV by David Boies in a lawsuit against New York state regarding the...
- Indian cablers not playing Games. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;8/18/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the protest of cable providers about a new additional service tax in India. Move of the operators to black out Olympic coverage and other channels; Reaction of sports followers to the move.
- SHARING OLYMPICS BOUNTY. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
Deals with the cable network coverage of the 2004 Olympic games in Athens, Greece to be headed by National Broadcasting Co. and its affiliates. Schedule and scope of the Olympics coverage of Bravo; Schedule of the Olympics coverage of CNBC and MSNBC; Announcers who will anchor the cable coverage.
- NBC Has HD Plans For Future Olympics. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p6
Cable operators will have to wait to find out how much they will have to pay National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) $2-billion U.S. rights deal for the 2010 and 2012 Olympic Games. But they could discover in July 2003 whether they will be able to opt in to a dedicated high definition television...
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.