- Munis Catch Bid on the Back of 2d Day of Treasury Gains. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p2
Reports that Municipal Bond Market has caught a bid on the back of a second straight day of gains in Treasuries during the auction of U.S. Department of Treasury's three-year notes in the U.S. Highest bid for the auctioned three-year notes; Percentage of decrease in tax-exempt yields; Impact of...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p37
Presents charts and graphs showing bond market indicators in the United States as of November 17, 2004. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Visible supply rises; Municipal market data general obligation yields; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p40
Presents charts and a graph on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 26, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data; General obligation bond prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal market yields.
- Late Summer Lethargy Continues As Municipals Finish Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond secondary market in the U.S. Observation that buyers were not aggressive enough in the first part of the session to push bond prices higher; Contribution of the longstanding underperformance of short-dated Treasuries to the weakness in tax-exempt...
- Munis Stay With It Despite Treasury Sell-Off. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/19/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33520, p2
The article reports on the failure of the sell-off in U.S. government securities to stop municipal bonds from holding steady or grinding higher which would allow tax-exempts to outperform. The demand for tax-exempts was strong but other maturities were steady and the five-year municipal bond...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33676, p17
Statistics are presented on the U.S. dollar amount of daily average bond yield to maturity, the price of treasury bonds, and the index rate of short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of March 2012.
- Treasury Gains, Crossover Demand Help Push Tax-Exempt Market Up. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32163, p2
The article reports that gains in longer-dated Treasuries and demand from crossover accounts that found value in municipals relative to government bonds helped the tax-exempt market edge higher on June 27, 2005, pushing The Bond Buyer 40 Index to a record low yield. Municipal traders said prices...
- Nearly All Yields Rise as Tax-Exempts Mostly Weaken. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/5/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p11
The article reports on the rise of The Bond Buyer's yield indexes in the U.S. Howard Mackey, president of Rice Financial Products states that the market went up fast on the tax-exempt side because of the fear of BAB issuance overshadowing and crowding the tax-exempt supply. It mentions that the...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p43
Presents charts depicting the bond market statistics in the United States as of July 2001. Assessment of market indicators; Tax-exempt yields; Prices of bonds and securities; Municipal bond index update.