THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Federal Income Tax. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p743
Focuses on U.S. federal income tax legislation. U.S. President George W. Bush's first major tax bill, the $1.35 trillion Tax Relief Act, signed in 2001; The Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act, signed in 2002; Bush's third major tax bill, the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31909, p33
Describes the status of bond-related legislative bills in the United States as of June 21, 2004. Titles of bills; Current laws and proposed laws; President George W. Bush's tax cut and economic stimulus plan; Jobs creation bill; Bond Financing Renewal Act of 2003; Housing Bond and Credit...
- New law offers tax benefits to construction industry. Horton, Eileen // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/27/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p14
This article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush signed into law the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004. This legislation represents the most significant tax reform in recent history. The law offers tax savings opportunities that could be implemented by companies to maximize its tax...
- American Jobs Creation Act: a 650-page boondoggle. Reich-Hale, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/7/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p12A
This article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush often touted the American Jobs Creation Act while running for re-election. The recently passed legislation projects nearly $150 billion in tax breaks to stimulate the economy. But will it? The bill seems so confusing that not even so-called...
- Federal Income Tax. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2006, p401
This article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush signed the Working Families Tax Relief Act. This law is estimated to provide $146 billion in tax cuts for individuals and businesses. Several weeks later, signed the American Jobs Creation Act into law; the 650-page act added 34 new...
- Acts Approved by the President. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/11/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p873
Presents a list of various acts approved by U.S. President George W. Bush as of June 7, 2001. Veterans' Survivor Benefits Improvements Act of 2001; Fallen Hero Survivor Benefit Fairness Act of 2001; Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001.
- New tax act, new savings opportunities. Grill, Norman G. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/5/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the extension of the certain tax provisions in the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006 signed into law by President George W. Bush on December 20, 2006 in the U.S. The new law enhances the research and development credit in two ways. In addition, the extension of the...
- Aviation Bill Signed. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Reports on United States President George W. Bush's signing of an aviation bailout bill that extends until November 15, 2001 the due date for excise tax deposits by domestic air carriers.
- Explaining the Bush Tax Cuts. Bartlett, Bruce // Commentary;
Discusses issues on the tax-reform legislation proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Information on the initial tax proposal of Bush in 1999; Modifications made to the tax legislation signed by Bush in June 2001; Provision for the tax proposal signed in May 2003.