House Panel Approves Insurance Legislation for Zero Down-Payment Mortgages
- HUD to Propose Increasing FHA Multifamily Loan Limit. Fernandez, Tom // American Banker;3/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 55, p12
Reports on the announcement of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that it wants to increase by 25% the size of U.S. Federal Housing Administration loans it will insure. Inclusion of the proposal in the fiscal 2002 budget requested by the U.S. HUD Secretary Mel...
- Production At FHA FallsTo Preserve Its Reserves. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;5/7/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p1
The article reports that Shaun Donovan, the secretary of the Housing and Urban Development in the U.S. is working to stop loan losses in the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and increase credit insurance premiums to make the mortgage insurance fund stable. Donovan said HUD are taking more...
- HUD Secretary Is Bullish on Housing Market. Collins, Brian // Nationalmortgagenews.com;1/21/2015, p11
The article reports on the bullishness of U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro on the U.S. housing market which he stressed during a web discussion hosted by online real estate database Zillow as of January 2015. Castro cited new federal policies that made getting a...
- FHA Reverse-Loan Limits Rise 9.3% . // American Banker;1/10/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p9
Reports the decision of the Department of Housing and Urban Development to raise the loan limits for federally insured reverse mortgages in the United States. Variations of loan limits; Effectivity of the imposed limits; Impact of the limits on housing industry.
- Comment Invited on FHA Risk Proposal. Berry, Kate // American Banker;7/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F327, p7
The article offers brief information about the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's request for public comment on proposed policy changes for loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration.
- Cisneros pledges efforts to end racial disparity. // Mortgage Banking;Nov93, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p11
Reports that US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Henry Cisneros has pledged to put an end to discrimination in mortgage lending. Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) findings for 1992; Higher denial rate for African Americans' conventional mortgage loan applications;...
- The claims game. Cook, David K. // Mortgage Banking;Feb94, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p49
Offers tips on the successful management of mortgage claims. Requirements of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD); Communicating with hazard insurance companies; Reason for HUD's regulation of preservation costs; Effect of inadequate insurance settlement amounts.
- Back on the bias beat. Marshall, Jeffrey // U.S. Banker;Jun98, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p17
Reports in June 1998 that the Department of Housing and Urban Development is investigating lenders for fair lending violations. Description of settlements the department made in March and April 1998 with lenders including Accubanc.
- HUD Plans Loan Rule Revamp. Duran, Nicole // American Banker;6/27/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 123, p20
Reports on U.S. Housing and Urban Development's outlining of revised rules aimed at improving consumer protections in the mortgage process. Aim to reform the rules implementing the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; Need for people to get accurate settlement cost information early in the...