Panelists: Higher Education Borrowing Continues to Grow
- Debt load, class of '98. // U.S. News & World Report;09/06/99, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p79
Offers statistics on the United States universities and colleges with students that have the least and the most debt for the class of 1998.
- HIGHER (cost of) EDUCATION. Davis, Andrea Muirragui // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the expected increase in tuition and mandatory fees at public universities and colleges in Indiana. Challenges facing universities/colleges in meeting students' needs while maintaining affordability; Comments of public university/college officials about the higher cost of higher...
- Voice of the profession. // Computer Bulletin;Jul2004, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p4
A letter to the editor is presented which explains the role of the British Computer Society (BCS).
- Impacto distributivo del gasto pÃºblico en educaciÃ³n universitaria en EspaÃ±a: un anÃ¡lisis de incidencia normativa para el nuevo milenio. ESCOBAR, LAURA DE PABLOS; IZQUIERDO, MARÍA GIL // Estudios de EconomÃa Aplicada;abr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, Special section p1
No abstract available.
- Four Rights of the Pharmacy Educational Consumer. Cain, Jeff; Noel, Zachary; Smith, Kelly M.; Romanelli, Frank // American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education;2014, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p1
Professional students and their families invest a significant amount of time and finances to obtain a degree. While education is not a typical consumer good and should not be treated as such, there are certain expectations that colleges and schools should be prepared to meet. This article...
- PFI in education: Reaching a higher level. Pickup, Raith // Public Private Finance;Feb2004, Issue 80, p16
Provides an analysis of public finance initiative's role in higher education and how it will provide funding for the growing number of students while attaining Centers of Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Great Britain. Student accommodation; Role of Higher Education Funding Council for...
- Lawmakers fund $165 million worth of education projects. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 25, Special Section p11
Deals with the amount allocated by lawmakers for school construction projects of the Nevada System of Higher Education. Increase in construction costs; Amount of funding provided for Nevada State College; Budget approved for Greenspun College of Urban Affairs at the University of Nevada at Las...
- Government responds to EW letter calling for action on UK university funding crisis. // Electronics Weekly;8/14/2002, Issue 2064, p1
Focuses on an official response of the British government to a letter to Prime Minister Tony Blair requesting intervention in the crisis that affect the funding of research in universities. Statement issued by Minister of State for Lifelong Learning and Higher Education Margaret Hodge on the...
- Grants & Private Funding. Clapp, Marlene // Grants & Private Funding -- Research Starters Education;4/1/2017, p1
This article discusses how grants and private funding serve to sustain higher education in the United States. While traditional revenue sources still play a large role in higher education financing, institutions are beginning to more aggressively pursue non-traditional funding sources due to...